The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering on stock suspension how big of wheels and tires can you go i have a new set of wheels that are 17x8 +35 offset and some tires that are 225/45/r17 you think they'll fit a 2013 sentra

·
Registered
31 Posts
I am assuming you have a cvt. Big/heavy rims/tires are a very very bad idea. The more unsprung weight that the cvt has to turn, the shorter the life of the transmission. IF you increase the over-all diameter of the wheel you are also messing with the wheel speed which can cause the cvt to do some very very strange things.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am assuming you have a cvt. Big/heavy rims/tires are a very very bad idea. The more unsprung weight that the cvt has to turn, the shorter the life of the transmission. IF you increase the over-all diameter of the wheel you are also messing with the wheel speed which can cause the cvt to do some very very strange things.
I have 6 speed manual

·
Registered
31 Posts
okay, with a six speed you will be changing the wheel speed sensor readings which can change the way the ABS works. BE CAREFUL.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
okay, with a six speed you will be changing the wheel speed sensor readings which can change the way the ABS works. BE CAREFUL.
I'll be careful but I'm still curious if the wheels and tires will fit the off set is what has me concerned will I rub a stock height or anything like that

·
Registered
31 Posts
turn the wheel to lock one way, then lock the other way. measure the space between the tire and fender liner both times.
Measure the space between the tire and the strut/spring. subtract 1/2" That will give you your maximum increase for width.

take the smaller of the first measurements from lock to lock, subtract half of the second measurement for width. That will give you a safe diameter increase you can fit.

Then using a wheel/tire calculator, play with available rim/tire options.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts