The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get a throatier sounds from my Alty SE. The car is just way to quiet stock! What can I do that would be the easiest to do this? Stillen mufflers? Remove the resonator?

What have you guys found? Suggestions?

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
coloradoaltima said:
I want to get a throatier sounds from my Alty SE. The car is just way to quiet stock! What can I do that would be the easiest to do this? Stillen mufflers? Remove the resonator?

Muffler, intake, resonator, cat back exhaust. Search

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
coloradoaltima said:

By the way, you can find more info in the Performance section of this forum. This topic has been beaten to oblivion but I will give you some insights on the topic.

There are many options to achieve the throaty sound that your looking for and also depending how much money you want to spend.

Stillen Dual Exhaust - Pricey
Mossy CB Exhaust (No Resonator) Pricey but Nice
Dual Magnaflows w/ Custom CB (No Resonator) Nice
JIC w/ Custom CB (No Resonator) Nice

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,271 Posts
Take a hack saw....cut the exhaust of before the cat....remove. All the noise you want:) Not to mention a substantial weight reduction

·
Banned
942 Posts
stillen exhaust should do the trick, i have a 2.5 when i put my stillen exhuast into a catback, really loud at low revs, i was disappointed.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Buy a car CD, crank that sucker up, and play "hi-I'm-the-local-loud-car-sound-system-idiot".

Seriously, these people gave you some starts. Shouldn't be too hard to go for there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts