The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
NWS Citizen
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well just got my 6 month insurance for it+ the monthly payment at the same time...and I'm wondering, whats the best way to GET RID OF IT in my current situation...
I owe about $7800 on it now and am wondering whats the best way to sell it?
If someone buys it off my hands, the title is still ni the bank's possesion, how can that transaction be set up? Or better yet, how do I just get rid of it, I dont care if I make a buck, but I really dont want to lose anymore $ either...I believe the value on my car's about $8800 (50k miles SE), so I'm still barely above the water.
Dealerships wont just take it off my hands and kill the bank loan I take it?

·
NWS Citizen
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
phinger23 said:
if someone pays cash for it, hopfully someone you know, and you pay off the loan in full. then when you get the title sign it over to the new person
thanks
I was thinking of that...but if I sell it on the net, too much will rely on trust...are there any legal documents that can make this transaction safe?
Its a good car, it just doesnt fit my needs anymore :(

·
no ordinary sedan
336 Posts
gunslash said:
thanks
I was thinking of that...but if I sell it on the net, too much will rely on trust...are there any legal documents that can make this transaction safe?
Its a good car, it just doesnt fit my needs anymore :(
I just sold my 99' Altima on autotrader.com very easily. I was in your same situation (private party) and the transaction went very smoothly. We bought a contract from Staples saying I was selling him the car for blah blah blah and we both signed it and got it notarized. He wrote the check directly to my loan company - they got it, sent out the title, and I signed it and sent it to him. Then, he sent my license plate back (he didn't drive the car at all in the meantime). It is based on trust - but it can work.

·
NWS Citizen
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jessa said:
I just sold my 99' Altima on autotrader.com very easily. I was in your same situation (private party) and the transaction went very smoothly. We bought a contract from Staples saying I was selling him the car for blah blah blah and we both signed it and got it notarized. He wrote the check directly to my loan company - they got it, sent out the title, and I signed it and sent it to him. Then, he sent my license plate back (he didn't drive the car at all in the meantime). It is based on trust - but it can work.

thanks for the info....I hope I can make a transaction work just as well when its time for her to go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts