The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ill be looking to tint as soon as the weather warms up here in ny.

im not sure how dark i want to tint. i believe the legal limit is 35%. but if im going to tint i want to be able to notice it. my cousin had a car done at 20% and it looked completely black. and that was too dark for my taste. any pictures might help. thanks.

·
Ar Dont Do That
297 Posts
i have 15%

its 20% here in so fla

·
I Need A Job
203 Posts
5 on the back 15 on the sides, 15=too light
I told guy to put 5 all the way around I came back and he was like I only put 5 on the back

·
Altimas.net
4,928 Posts
I have %50 in front and got a fix it for it today :(

Gonna go to the optometrist and have them give me a doctors note.

·
Baby Mama Drama
268 Posts
I live in Brooklyn and have 5% all around for almost a year and never been stopped yet..

·
Hazardously WASTED
3,969 Posts
to me its not a case of making it dark, on my truck i have 5% and hate it, you cant see shit out the windows at night, 35 is nice, you can see out at night with ease, but its also dark enough to give some privacy

·
Registered
757 Posts
I have 20% and I have gotten pulled over for them twice but was able to talk my way out of getting a ticket... Meanwhile on my Mustang I had 15% and never gotten pulled over for them :confused:

·
Registered
83 Posts
No tint is legal in New York other than the 75% tint that comes on the car already. Anything below that is considered illegal. I live in Queens (New York). I have 35% on mine. You have to watch out here in New York. If the cops feel that can't see inside your car, they'll stop you and make you remove it. My cousin had 20% on his accord and changed it to 35. Be careful.

·
CrAqHeAd
1,003 Posts
35% on all windows except for front window. I had mine done by nissan.. I had them throw it in when i bought the car. They said that in NY 35% is the darkest legal you can go

·
driven
1,110 Posts
I have worked the dealership doing my tint into the deal. They have said that they would go a low as 20%. Looking at the examples, even 35% looks dark enough for me. Maybe I'll see if they can go something like 30 or 25%.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts