The Nissan Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm getting ready to hook up a switchboard in my car to be mounted under my new headunit. If everything goes right, it'll control 4 interior blue cold cathode lights and 4 trunk mounted sound activated cold cathodes that'll beat to the music. Anyway, inorder to hook my switchboard up i need to get 1 + and 1 - into the interior of the car. I heard about a way to do it using a grommet or something. I really dont want to drill through the firewall so is there anyway i can do this??? Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
235 Posts
You can run a + wire from the battery and through the engine bay and out an opening in the top of the fender. Then send it through the door jamb. Then you can conceal the wire under/behind the dash. You can ground your junk inside the passenger cabin.

By the way, this might be a car stereo/ice question.

·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts
there's a hole in the firewall near the pedals. If you get under your dash and steering column, look above the pedals and behind the carpet, they'll be a smaller hole where you can feed the wires through. From the engine bay, it'll be under the brake master cylinder, and under/next to the fuel filter.

good luck
i used a coat hanger to feed it through

1 - 3 of 3 Posts