The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my alignment is aboviously off right now and I dont know if its my from or rear thats messed up I have a feeling when I take it somewhere that they will tell me its both either way so I was wondering if there is anyway you can tell on your own?

·
Banned
6,970 Posts
95% of the time

It will be your front, take it to a professional alignment shop, trust me, you can have some serious problems if you don't take care off your alignment.

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
18,041 Posts
Re: 95% of the time

NissanLunatic said:
It will be your front, take it to a professional alignment shop, trust me, you can have some serious problems if you don't take care off your alignment.
no lie.. I've gone through many tires because either a) the alignment was out by crappy places, or B) something is making the alignment go out of whack too easily...

If you get it done, get the 4 wheel alignment.. that will solve both front and back.. and MAKE SURE THEY CENTER THE STEERING WHEEL....

Other than looking at your tread and measuring it, the only well to tell the alignment is off is if the car pulls to one side...

I know my dealers do the alignment for $60.

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
while on the topic of alignments, my car just hit 30000 and i'm taking it in tomorrow for the 30000 check... it includes tire rotation and stuff... i need an alignment.. do i still have to get it aligned then rotated? or will the rotation fix any alignment problems?

·
Registered
203 Posts
You'll most likely have to get it aligned reguardless. When I got my 30k check-up, I had them align the car as well while they had it there.

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
18,041 Posts
Ry said:
while on the topic of alignments, my car just hit 30000 and i'm taking it in tomorrow for the 30000 check... it includes tire rotation and stuff... i need an alignment.. do i still have to get it aligned then rotated? or will the rotation fix any alignment problems?
get it balanced, rotated, THEN aligned...

if you rotate the tires only, the car could still be out of alignment and thus defeats the purpose...

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
victor said:

get it balanced, rotated, THEN aligned...

if you rotate the tires only, the car could still be out of alignment and thus defeats the purpose...
all right.. cool.. thanks victor...

btw, does any know how good sears is on alignments? my dad said that for $169 you could get alignments there for the life of your car...

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
18,041 Posts
Ry said:

all right.. cool.. thanks victor...

btw, does any know how good sears is on alignments? my dad said that for $169 you could get alignments there for the life of your car...
i got an $80 3 yr from Tire Kingdom.. needless to say after 3 tire changes in under a year because of worn tires, I realized They put it OUT of alignment once... been to the dealer ever since and haven't changed the tires in over a yr...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts