The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Faster than your Altima.
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My damn bod bounces around when i rive, whats a good idea to make it not move? If anyone can plz help.
Thanks

·
Faster than your Altima.
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry for the Type. , How do i make the Damn bass box from not moving around when i drive.

·
Registered
30 Posts
What type of box is it (construction)? Size? SUBS in it?

JB

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
L brackets and wood scews. They look like an "L" and the have hole all thru them.

·
Girl-Moderator
4,061 Posts
You could do one of two things. Take the woofer out, put screws into the inside of the box connecting it to the car. Or you could just use some small "L" brackets, or I also used some small hinges to secure the box to the car. Watch out for where your gast tank is. I'd try to use the screws as close to the opening of the trunk as possible. I heard a guy say he screwed down his box, but way towards the back, like almost against the seats, and he said he made a hole in the tank. Also, just use some small screws. Maybe like 1" ones. It doesn't take much to hold it in place.

·
Faster than your Altima.
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thankz, Ima go look for the "L" Brackets rite now. But where should i screw them safely. I have 12" Rockford Fosgates HE's.

·
Faster than your Altima.
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I tried Velcro. Dont work all that good.

·
Resident Boost Junkie
3,045 Posts
Try this, put a piece of plywood under tha carpet, and then screw tha box down , use a 1/2 sheet , ull feel a lot safer, when screwing it down , so u wont hit tha gas tank. Thats wha i did

·
Faster than your Altima.
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya, I was thinkin the same, but not Plywood maybe some else. but Still even if i do that. The damn carpet will move as wel. So how do i secure the damn carpet now. I think Ill butt screw the subs to thw carpet and screw the carpet to the back seat some how. I think that would work.

·
Resident Boost Junkie
3,045 Posts
i mean if ur gonna put some half inch wood under tha carpet , and then get some "L" brackets, tha carpet aint goin ne where, cuz its gonna b held down by tha screws.:rolleyes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts