The Nissan Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i heard using a blow dryer,cuz they are stuck on, i want the altima and gxe gone and i am keeping the nissan logo. if i remove them, wont there be an outlining of the letters b/c under the letters it is clean? do they make the nissan logos in different styles and colors?

·
donor cycle
8,714 Posts
if it is a first gen 95 and up, just peel them off, use fish line or something and pull it behind the badges. Mine peeled off by hand. Then use goo-gone or something to clean up the factory adhesive.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Rick said:
if it is a first gen 95 and up, just peel them off, use fish line or something and pull it behind the badges. Mine peeled off by hand. Then use goo-gone or something to clean up the factory adhesive.
what about a 1993? can I take them off?

·
donor cycle
8,714 Posts
on 93-94 you can take off the gxe i think but the ALTIMA badge is held in with two pegs, and there are holes drilled into the trunk. You would have to put body filler in the holes and get it painted..

·
Registered
243 Posts
alright thanks, I guess ill just keep it..hey another question for you, i have a stanza sticker that is faded, and i cant seem to get off, how can I get it off safetly?
thanks bro

·
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey hey hey, how do i get mine off? will it leave an outline of the letters that were taken off

·
Banned
0 Posts
vindeisel said:
alright thanks, I guess ill just keep it..hey another question for you, i have a stanza sticker that is faded, and i cant seem to get off, how can I get it off safetly?
thanks bro
use a hairdryer or heat gun.....move the gun around a little and not focused on one part of the paint, but it will come right off after that.

·
See ya on the flipside...
464 Posts
c-bo said:
hey hey hey, how do i get mine off? will it leave an outline of the letters that were taken off

It's going to depend on how long it's been on there and stuff. I took mine off and it didn't leave any outlines. If you want to see a pic, look in the Member Rides section. Laterz.

·
Anal
101 Posts
i strongly recommend not performing this procedure on a 93. I did and it has been a disaster. The glue just wont come off, it looks extremely ricy, i have disgraced the entire altima network im sorry noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: anyway goo gone doesn’t work well on the factory glue, although im not discrediting it because it does work well on tar and other non-sense

·
Registered
39 Posts
On MY 95' GXE I removed, the altima and GXE emblems no problem, go to o'reilly's or napa, or any parts store, and get a rubber wheel for removing decals and pinstriping, It goes on like a drill bit for any cordless, electric or air drill, use it to take the glue off, if the glue is under the paint, then u bought your car from a car lot and you got screwed cause its been repainted, but the only emblem on the car that has pegs holding it on is the nissan symbol on the grill, but a little body filler works wonders, I even took off the side moldings too, and pinstriping, the side looks much cleaner without the moldings, but there is a bodyline under that just like the one on the front bumper, be careful not to scratch the paint though, and you may want to use rubbing compound to completely remove any of the glove, find access to a buffer if possible

·
Registered
39 Posts
YEa its like size of a pop can around, it uses the wheel, kinda like an eraser on a pensil, don't press to hard or you will make the wheel lopsided

·
Registered
524 Posts
I used a plastic icying spreader, and a blow dryer on my 98. I just heated it up and pryed it off while it was blowing. it left a tinny bit of a line after the glue gone but it wasnt really noticable. it will proly go away after wax and some time anyways.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts