The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got my hid look fog light bulbs and got the left one in. but the right one wont come out, because when i turn it left it hits something on the side. i tried taking the plug out of the bulb, but that didnt work either. is there another way i can take out the right fog bulb? i have a 2nd gen btw

and i put higher wattage headlight bulbs on my car with stock plugs. can i get upgraded ones from SWA and put them in myself? or do i have to get it done professionally?

thanks guys

·
The Other Fella
164 Posts
It is a pain in the ass

Hey I tried to do the same this past weekend but with regular (replacement)bulbs. The right side was harder for me since Im right handed.

But Im sure you did this... but if not remove the screws on the wheel well cover, I removed three. Try to push the cover outa your way as far as you can without breaking it :D Then if you can try to get the clip off. I beleave I turned this bulb TO THE RIGHT, not left. Not 100% but yeah I think thats how it came out. Anyway hope this helps.

It was a bitch but I got it. Its tight.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Re: It is a pain in the ass

yep this is the best thing to do to access the fog light bulb. also if your car is dropped or sits to low you may want to jack it up for more visibility and acess. you said right so i'm assuming you mean drivers. the bulb should turn counter clockwise when removing. and its best to unplug the harness before taking out the bulb.

Altima2kSE said:
remove the screws on the wheel well cover, I removed three. Try to push the cover outa your way as far as you can without breaking it.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i meant the passenger side, but ill try unscreweing the fender well stuff. and my car is dropped, i didnt think i had to jack it up until i lied on the ground and realized my head wouldnt fit under the car....lol

·
The Saga Continues......
3,303 Posts
it is a pain in the frickin butt to change fog bulbs. especially on the one side that has poor spacing. just gotta try to get ur hand in there. i did it but it was definitely a pain.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts