The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a used pair of Bass Shakers (25watts, 4ohms). I'm going to mount them either under the front seats or inside the backrest. anyways...
How should I hook them up to my stock audio system? It's a 93 gxe w/4 speakers. I don't mind taking the head unit out or removing the dash (but I'd prefer not removing stuff just to keep things simple).
Can I get ideas/suggestions? Thanx.
Jay

·
Registered
6,482 Posts
I would buy a small amp for them..

but you could either replace the rear speakers with the shakers, or wire them in series..

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
somewhere down the line I'm gonna get a headunit, some separates for the fronts and full ranges for the rear, and then power everything w/a 5 or 6 channel amp...but that's like way later.
so for now, I should do them in series? Can you give me and example of series vs parallel?
Jay

·
Registered
6,482 Posts
this make sense to you?

Code:
 Parallel:

shaker   speaker
    +  -   +  -
     \  \ /  /
      \  X  /
       Y   Y
       |   |
       +   -
Code:
Series:

shaker   speaker
    +  -   +  -
     \  \_/  /
      \     /
       \   /
       +   -

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Makes perfect sense.
My next question is, where should I tap the oem wires? Behind the dash close to the door (run wires under door frame area) or behind the dash close to the head unit (run wires through the center console).
Jay

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Jay By the head unit it is easy to get out then run the wires down though the center console. I would mount them under the front seats.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts