The Nissan Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Lord of the rims
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my university doesnt use the GPA system, we only use average %
i am graduating this year and some of the companies want to know the GPA as a reference
i think all north america colleges share the same GPA system
so.. can someone tell me how to calcuate GPA?

·
I ♥ speedbumps
2,196 Posts
No idea. :( Isn't it like you multiply the grades you have by a certain score, then divide...I dunno...math was cool in high school..but after that we just never got along.

·
Givin 'em 4gasms
4,461 Posts
mrdeucie said:
I think you might be right. I don't think my theory works out at all.
Your theory works ok also, but his is an "easier to work with" scale. But you have to include the other grades.

A ......4.0
A- .....3.6
B+ ....3.5
B ......3.0
B- .....2.6
C+ ....2.5
C ......2.0
C- .....1.6
D+ ....1.5
D ......1.0
D- .....0.5
F .......0.0

I'm pretty sure this is how it goes. Some of the numbers might be a little off. :)

·
Givin 'em 4gasms
4,461 Posts
Actually, deucie, now that I think about it, you're formula is actually way off. That would mean that a 50% would be a C. If that were the case, I'd have a degree by now. :p

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
18,041 Posts
the +/- system sucks... use straight points..

A==4 etc.

now add up all the points of your classes, divide by the number of classes to get your GPA.

·
Underachieving Genius
1,254 Posts
Mike4 said:

A ......4.0
A- .....3.6
B+ ....3.5
B ......3.0
B- .....2.6
C+ ....2.5
C ......2.0
C- .....1.6
D+ ....1.5
D ......1.0
D- .....0.5
F .......0.0

the mapping of letter to number depends on the system of the school. basically, take the number equivalent of the grade and multiply by the number of credits the class was worth. add up everything and divide by the total number of credits.

example:
i got an A in a 4credit class...B in a 3 credit class...and an A in a 3 credit class for a total of 10 credits....so:
(4*4 + 3*3 + 4*3)/10 = 3.7

·
Cub Fan, Bud Man...
310 Posts
This is how we do it:

A......4.0
A-.....3.67
B+....3.33
B......3.0
B-.....2.67
C+....2.33
C......2.0
C-.....1.67
D+....1.33
D......1.0
D-.....0.67
F.......0.0

There are 3 possible "grades" for every letter grade, with the exception of "F"
This is how my Highschool figured GPA, and Ball State does it the same way. The only difference is that my Highschool figured it off of a 4.0 scale, but rewarded A+ with a 4.33. Therefore, the really smart kids ended with a GPA over 4.0.

·
Registered
3 Posts
In order to correctly calculate your GPA, you first need to score the right amount of points, that is, is a good student. When I was in college I had problems with writing an essay, you can solve this problem simply by buying argumentative essay by clicking here, you will save your time and score the highest GPA score.

·
Registered
15 Posts
it is very important in the learning process to correctly calculate and issue GPA calculations. I came across this recently, so the information that is given above will be very useful for me in the future. Thanks for the tips and examples. Also parallel to this, I was given the task of writing an essay, but I entrusted it to the service, which I have been working with for a very long time https://uk.edubirdie.com/top-writers. The guys professionally do their job, high quality and not expensive. I highly recommend it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts