The Nissan Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm leaning heavily towards the RX350 for my 2009 Altima. At this point I'm researching mounting options and I have a general idea about the JNC method, mentioned here:

How To Retrofit HID Projectors Into New Edge Headlights - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

However, I haven't found anyone discussing what to do with the back of the projector. How will it fit? Do I have to extend it out of the housing through what used to be the bulb hole? Or is it supposed to sit flush from the inside? If the latter is true wouldn't changing the bulb later be impossible?

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
You tube videos are your best bet here. Part of the reason I went OEM reflector instead of retro projector was my concern about water/dust ingress into a modified housing...fine in Cali...not so good in the salt belt.

In general, it seems you want to preserve the black outer housing as much as possible, and dremel the crap outta the metallized inner reflector piece--but not too much!. Most Alti housings will have enough space to move the projector assembly further forward inside the clear housing, the danger becomes securely fixing a relatively heavy unit with the remaining plastic quite far back from the centre of the projector mass. All part of the art and science of retrofitting...not exactly a bolt on mod IMHO

1 - 2 of 2 Posts