The Nissan Club banner

I'm trying to see how your car rides with your springs or coilovers.compared to stock

• gold line

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • h & r

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • eibach

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • sprint

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • ground control

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • drop zone

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • intrax

• E-bay (crap)

• anything i forgot

Votes: 4 11.8%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
I keep em comin back.....
3,205 Posts
Everyone is gonna poll for GC's. I like my H&R's they do me just fine. Car rides good, need more firmness though and connection with the steering wheel, which I feel we are stuck with from the factory. However, I believe the 1st gens have the firmest steering feel then all the gens.

·
I keep em comin back.....
3,205 Posts
Well it depends on what you want, I don't care to manually adjust my spring ratings because I'm never gonna auto cross. So the set rate that H & R's give do me just fine, but some may want different ride qualities per their liking, so it's whatever is comfortable to the driver

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
i got eibach prokit on my 2k...i love em...sweet ass drop, very clost to tucking...and it handles amazing...

my buddy got tien springs for his 04 corolla S, 2.4" drop all around, they supposed to be stiff, but my eibachs are much firmer and do better in the corners...both have brand new tires and OEM struts...

·
Registered
194 Posts
i had eibach with kybs but then jumped on sum ksports and since my coilovers broke in the ride got even better....

·
hard on equipment
2,104 Posts
I have Suspension Techniques, and as far as I can tell I'm the only one. :dunno: They're comparable in terms of drop to the Eibach pro-kits, but they ride a little harder in the straight-line due to the single spring rate as opposed to the Eibach progressive coils. I have Sprint struts too, but haven't had the chance to install them yet.

·
Stringz of Death
2,481 Posts
H&R here...it rides well, and handles great...although im starting to get annoyed with the uneven gaps (i know...stupid LOL)
theyre great springs, pretty stiff, although the progressive rear rate is getting to me...im going to get Ground Controls sometime in the near future...hopefully. i want to set my height to about 2-2.5 finger gap front and rear and with the linear springs, i wont get that feeling that the rear end is "sagging" while the front isnt doing anything (if anyone else gets what i mean?? LOL)

oh and by the way Godzillo, Shawn has ST springs, he cut his a little though to lower it more.

·
w00t
5,990 Posts
Remember it also depends what struts you have in the car too... I personally have H&R and Tokico... love the way it handles... rides stock but when cornering it sticks like crazy, this is also the matter of what rubber your using as well... manything go to factor when your asking about suspension since everything has a role... if your question is about firmness and or stiffness then whatever... H&R = + but if your going for more show and less handling then sprints are good for that... but it all depends what you want it for.. extreme drop or performance.

·
Warranties fear me
825 Posts
I'm on DZ's and GR2's ... Rides not bouncy at all ... they're stiffer than the stock setup I was running last year ... I'm more going for looks rather than performace ... where in the UP am I going to race?? It's all trees and deer :(

·
Registered
9,499 Posts
From stock I went with the DZ coilovers but didn't change the struts. ride was sort of ok but for the most part, it was too rough for me. I had them on for a year but soon after winter, I decided to get rid of them. never even adjusted them from the day they came out of the shop so I tried sprints. the ride was smoother but it was really bouncy especially since I was driving my 3 month old niece around a lot.

just over a year ago, I swapped out the sprints for H&R's with tokico's and the ride was awesome. now with the ST rear sway bar, the car rides like it's on rails.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts