The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How far would you all go in modifying your cars if they have over 100,000 miles? Mine has too many miles and I feel like it could die at any moment. Just asking cause I dont know what to do?

·
Traded in Alti!!!
406 Posts
My car runs like a new one!! What do u mean how far would u go? To get mods done like in driving distance? or if u should mod ur car because it has so many miles?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine has 108,000 miles and it runs great. I don't think it's gonna die anytime soon... Go ahead man... your Alty is still a teenager...

·
Traded in Alti!!!
406 Posts
TOUGHtima said:
Mine has 108,000 miles and it runs great. I don't think it's gonna die anytime soon... Go ahead man... your Alty is still a teenager...
Right on!!!!!!!!

·
Genki desu ka
477 Posts
How many miles does it have on it? Nissans will run forever. My last car was a 87 Max and I drove it untill it had 250k, and it is still going.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WELL I GOT ABOUT 118,000. THE WIERD THING IS THAT I FEEL LIKE MY TRANNY SLIPS SOMETIMES BUT I DONT KNOW HOW BAD THAT IS.....SO I DONT KNOW IF MAKING IT ANY FASTER WILL KILL THE TRANNY......OR BETTER YET, HOW FATS CAN I PUSH IT WITH OUT DESTROYING SOMETHING IN THE TRANNY?

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
149k on mine. got a cai, eibach springs, fstb, rsb. planning on header, cat, catback, pulley, and lastly, nitrous and everything that goes w/nitrous (55shot or less). this baby can take it.
Jay

·
Banned
1 Posts
ALTIMA FREAK said:
WELL I GOT ABOUT 118,000. THE WIERD THING IS THAT I FEEL LIKE MY TRANNY SLIPS SOMETIMES BUT I DONT KNOW HOW BAD THAT IS.....SO I DONT KNOW IF MAKING IT ANY FASTER WILL KILL THE TRANNY......OR BETTER YET, HOW FATS CAN I PUSH IT WITH OUT DESTROYING SOMETHING IN THE TRANNY?

go have a trustworthy mechanic check it out...if he/she thinks that the car is sturdy, mod away.....if he/she finds a bunch of probs, I would really reconsider investing much money

·
Cube Farmer
2,202 Posts
ive got 112K on it and it still sucks down the nitrous and hits 1/4 times better than when it had 70K on it. Now if it wasnt for that weak transmission...

·
446 Posts
Im facing the same thing with my Altima too, its a 93 gxe with 105k. I know the car will probably run until god knows when but since it has so many miles i keep hitting minor problems which keep adding up. The pipe that goes down to the catalytic converter and up to the muffler needs to be replaced and the wheel wells and starting to rust a bit (thanks the @ss who decided to chrome trim them). I think im going to put a performance muffler back into the car but I def. wouldn't go to crazy with too many mods. I wish i could find some old grandma who is selling that has low mileage and never really moved from out of the garage.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts