The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gettin a crank pulley and stillen y pipe..I was wonderin if nebodys timed their cars before and after these mods, or dynoe'd them. At this point i don't know what to expect from these mods with my car....Thanx

·
Altimas.net
4,928 Posts
BJS 3.5 SE said:
I'm gettin a crank pulley and stillen y pipe..I was wonderin if nebodys timed their cars before and after these mods, or dynoe'd them. At this point i don't know what to expect from these mods with my car....Thanx
You should consider something more street legal, since the race pipe does elimante your Cat, you should buy a high flow cat and get custom straight through piping, you would only be sacraficing 2-3 hp, but you would be smog legal. Then get a nice resonator and run to your stillen mufflers. Should be in for some good horsepower.

·
Altimas.net
4,928 Posts
Buddy02 said:
221 HP w/ Injen CAI and Stillen Muffs
I have not got a pulley yet I want JBL to make a black one. Hint Hint
Sorry buddy, wont be until I sell about 40 more of the blue ones and need to make some more. If you really want it black you can spray paint it with high temp engine paint, but its not really something you see.

You can always buy one for $190 from SWA, they have black, red and blue.

·
Disproportionate Member
716 Posts
210 with all that???? You should be much higher!
Unless I read wrong, he doesn't have an exhaust. He may be able to get more air in, but if it has nowhere to go it'll still slow him down. He's also auto...

·
Registered
582 Posts
I've heard there is 15-16% hp loss from the flywheel to the wheels with a 5 speed and about 20% for an auto. I would do an exhaust before the y-pipe. With the y-pipe the exhaust flows better up stream but as soon as it gets to the stock exhaust the benefits of the y will be significantly decreased. I've also read that for every lb that is removed from the stock crank shaft an expected 2.7hp is gained as well the underdriving from the pully results for some of the hp gain.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts