The Nissan Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Altimaboy
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how fast I was going. I got on the interstate and floored it. I saw that I was at the limit of 125 (as shown on speedometer), but when I let completely off the gas, it took about 3 seconds for it to go down. I thought my guage was stuck or something. Then it dawned on me that I went past the 125 shown. So what do you all estimate my speed to be?

·
got widebody?®
5,566 Posts
I estimate your speed to be excessive and life threatening.

·
Registered
318 Posts
DrgnBdy said:
going to have to agree on that one.....plus the governer kicks in at 120 so u werent going faster than that..........
uummm i heard that the limiter was at 110 and i have gone to 125 so i think the limiter is bs or simply is F'ed up in most altys

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
DrgnBdy said:
going to have to agree on that one.....plus the governer kicks in at 120 so u werent going faster than that..........

governer :confused: in my car when it was an auto i got it up to 123-125. then with the manual swap with the 2000 tranny i can go easily 145

·
DirtyGirls4Life
5,241 Posts
98altimatic said:
governer :confused: in my car when it was an auto i got it up to 123-125. then with the manual swap with the 2000 tranny i can go easily 145
whenever i got it up to 120+ (long time ago) it would sound like it bounced off the rev limiter

·
Registered
318 Posts
RADIOGUY21 said:
i can do 120 max and the engines reving at freaking 6200 RPMs
budy you and i have the same alty 95 i have broken 120 and not in red line i dont remember for sure but i think i was at like 5.5 or 6 and i have done it alone with a friend in sunvally and on the I5 to sinoma with 2 people in my car both 200+. i gets hard to get to 120 with people but alone my alty flys past other cars. like i said i think that the limiter is F'ed up in most altys

·
po pimpin ass member
439 Posts
there's really no way to tell your speed because no one knows if the speedo is accurate after the needs goes away from the numbers....the only thing I can say is that i've had my needle in nearly the 6 o'clock position on my '95 5-speed.....another thign to note, whenever I took out my speedo cluster, I noticed that the needle doesn't go past that point.....

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
:p gotta luv my car , no complaints on that end

·
Altimaboy
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So let me get this right: Some altimas have govenors, and some don't, or they all got different top speeds?

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
its obvious some have governers and others dont . and yes the top speeds range, but im not sure where the difference is.

i know the 93-99 speedo says a top speed of 125
and a 2000-2001 has a top speed of 145
but........
ive seen 1st gens do 140 with me and im a 2nd gen, but ive also seen some 2nd gens not be able to hit 120, same with the first gens ...so where the difference is - i have no idea

1 - 18 of 18 Posts