The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
From D Land of Tendulkar
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Man lately i have been doing some precision driving with my brother inlaw he has a fixed up civic beyond fixation(no nos only thing missing) he takes corner which if i did with my altima that would be altimat turn i ever make. So my question was does the rear sway bar make a big difference. I know it won't keep me from getting killed but how good is it.

·
TALL member
11,882 Posts
It's great! I really enjoy it. My only problem is that because i'm such a psycho daily driver, my tires are completely gone. So I do the turns fast, but the rear tires break loose easy cuz I have no tread left. I have gone drifting a few times as a result. But, the RSB also helps in correcting the drift, etc. So it is really worth the $110-$142 that i've heard and seen it priced at. As soon as I get new tires I will be back to enjoying the full potential my car now has.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 35-mile one-way white knuckle commute from suburbia through downtown Houston in rush hour, and my biggest complaint about the car was the handling. Quite frankly, high speed freeway turns between two 18-wheelers scared the crap out of me due to inherent drift and the compensation required to keep it in line. I have previously owned Accords, and this was the one area I felt the Altima felt short.

I installed a Stillen anti-sway bar a couple of weeks ago and noticed the difference immediately. The anxiety is gone and the car is more fun to drive. I really notice the difference when I whip a quick U-turn. Absolutely no body roll compared to before.

I chose the Stillen over the other brand because with shipping, the overall cost was lower. Installation was a snap.

I highly recommend the switch.

·
Registered
8 Posts
guycr said:
"due to inherent drift and the compensation required to keep it in line"
Question:

Can you explainw hat do you mean by inherent drift? Does the car just kinda want to always go left...and you sorta have to keep pressure on the wheel slightly right?

thanks

·
Registered
432 Posts
guycr: Is there another brand??? I don't think so!!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
The two retailers on the web who sell them (which I found from other posts in this forum) are Stillen and Wholesale Hyperformance. The WH website refers to their advertised sway bar as a "Suspension Techniques" product, so I assume it is not a Stillen product. But knowing how business works, they probably both come from the same factory.

When I compared prices on the web, WH had a lower price, but their shipping fee was so high it was cheaper to buy from Stillen.

See the links below.

The drift I experienced wasn't in either direction particularly. The best way I can describe what I experienced was kind of a "floating" feel at ~80 mph and above. I really had to concentrate on keeping the the car centered, and that was a pain in the rear. It seems to me that the anti-sway bar adds stability to the vehicle that somehow keeps it on a straighter track at high speed.

Stillen antisway bar link

Wholesale Hyperformance Suspension Techniques link

·
TALL member
11,882 Posts
there is no other brand. It is suspension techniques but we all refer to it as the "stillen RSB" cuz they are who originally started selling it. Now Wholesale Hyperformance, Stillen, and Southwest Auto Works(SWA) sell the "stillen RSB". Hope this helps. I got mine from SWA back when it first came out for $142 and it was well worth it. You can most likely get it cheaper now but I don't care. I'm happy with it and enjoy it everytime I drive. I didn't pay shipping cuz I was already visiting my family in Phoenix so I just drove by and picked it up while I was out there. I also picked one up for Thaibruin.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have that same thing except mine seems to drift to the right. I had an alighment done and everything is OK according to the shop's alignment readings.???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts