The Nissan Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 93 GLE and thinking of doing it myself. Are these easy to remove and replace? who has done it and how long did it take.
By the look of things should be an hour at most.

If it's a long process with scrapped up knuckles and a lot of cursing then F U C K it. I'll get someone to do it.

·
Jr. Lord Of Search
1,507 Posts
its pretty easy. get a haynes manual. hardest part i would say is supporting the engine while you do it....

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MikeV said:
its pretty easy. get a haynes manual. hardest part i would say is supporting the engine while you do it....
Where do you support the engine? Will a 2x4 across the pan distribute the load enough to do it?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What are the part numbers? Are there 3 or 4 mounts? What can I expect to pay? I think I am going to go through DaveB..

·
Registered
380 Posts
there are four mounts, all four will cost you close to 200 dollars and it will probably take about two to three hours (if you do it by your self)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
should I replace all four???
The 2 I can see in the front are shot! I guess the other 2 are in the bottm rear?

Which ones get replace most often?

·
Registered
380 Posts
if more than one is broken I would replace them all cause if you don't they will end up breaking again and you will be sorry...there are two on the top, one on the passenger side and the other is the transmission mount. The other two are underneath one in the front and one in the back. The ones you are probably going to end up replacing the most are the front and rear ones....any other questions let me know I'll see how much I remember:D

·
master of the 5th speed
55 Posts
place racing only makes the lower motor mounts and they are easier than shit to replace. as for the tranny mount and passenger side mount, u will have to get stock replacements. i don't know how hard it is to replace those 2 because i've never changed them. as for the 2x4, just put it between the jack and oil pan and u'll be ok. late.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts