The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Shadetree Mechanic
6,095 Posts
I haven't actually pulled the whole engine myself, but I was with/helping my mechanic when he did. It's pretty straight forward. Pick up a Haynes manual and it'll make the job that much quicker. You need your basic wrenches/sockets/compressor(Not ness.)/cherry picker/and a good breaker/pry bar. It's pretty much plug n' play. Good luck man.

·
Banned
29 Posts
just disconnect all the lines going to the engine, un do the mounts and pull it :confused:....it cant be that hard

·
maybe another alty soon?
1,509 Posts
It's pretty straightforward, as the others have said. You'll need an engine lift (cherry picker), and all the sockets and wrenches. Just disconnect all your wiring (making sure to label them as you go), all the hoses (drain all your fluids first), and blow out the motor mount bolts, and hoist it out. The repeat it all backwards to get the new one in..

·
Ex 1st gen owner
5,576 Posts
unbolt all the tranny bolts and torque converter bolts. Remove the bottom engine brace and motor mounts. unbolt the motor mount from passenger side engine. unplug engine computer in center counsole, and a few other connecters next to it(speed sensor) pull/push the harness through the firewall into the engine bay. get a hoist, I also pulled the ac compressor alternator off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts