The Nissan Club banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
mine sucks, i pay $1.17 a gal. i put in $5 and 48 miles later, i am almost on empty. wtf, this car sucks on gas. from a full tank to 3/4's full, i can put on 100miles tops(highway). from full tank to 1/2tank, 150 miles tops(highway). the usuall is about 100 miles per half tank. what are the specs on a 2nd gen, auto, gas mileage? is this bad or good, it sucks to me. i have wai, will this decrease gas mileage? how is your car on gas? plus is thier anything i can do to increase my mileage? thanks

·
ASE certified wiseass
319 Posts
I don't understand how you are comparing mileage?

I get 27-30 miles to the gallon consistently with my 95 5-speed. I keep it in good tune and drive a little bit aggressive. From a full tank to the light coming on I can get 330 miles of mixed driving and 380 on a perfect freeway trip unloaded. I have never got less than 300 miles before the light went out.

You can see my mods below, they ain't much.

Randy

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
14,799 Posts
c-bo said:
mine sucks, i pay $1.17 a gal. i put in $5 and 48 miles later, i am almost on empty. wtf, this car sucks on gas. from a full tank to 3/4's full, i can put on 100miles tops(highway). from full tank to 1/2tank, 150 miles tops(highway). the usuall is about 100 miles per half tank. what are the specs on a 2nd gen, auto, gas mileage? is this bad or good, it sucks to me. i have wai, will this decrease gas mileage? how is your car on gas? plus is thier anything i can do to increase my mileage? thanks
i don't know why you are complaining... as you can see the the miriade of mileage posts, the car isn't an Echo.

100 miles all city on half a tank (roughly) and I'm happy. 150 all highway, I'm set...

and putting in $5 of gas isn't helpful...

Fill up til the first click off. Reset the mileage to 0. Drive around... when you are close to empty, fill up til the first click. calculate mileage.

keep tabs over what type of driving you do (i.e. all highway, miss daisy style driving, leadfoot, etc...) that's the only way to know the mileage...not by $5 worth, since I guarantee you that you didn't use up $5 worth exactly when you go those 48 miles

·
Resistance is futile
5,820 Posts
c-bo said:
What you are experiencing is the non-linear nature of the malfunctioning fuel tank sender. Many Altys have this problem - you run until it is on E, and if you go to fill up it only takes 11 gallons or so. In a tank that is nearly 16 gallons. Also, you'll notice that if you drive from a full tank, you can get upwards of 200 miles before you get down to 1/2 tank, but then by 300 miles you are on 'E'.
So when you are putting 5 bucks in when you are already on E, the gauge isn't going to stay up long. The only fix fo this is to replace the sending unit, which is inside the tank. Or do what I do, which is to understand what is happening, and live with it.

·
super primer mobile
519 Posts
for some odd reason, lately I've been getting about 230 miles to the tank, but before I would get about 320 or so, i don't understand what the problem is, it may be because of the gas, but I really need to figure it out because I drive a lot and I need to know that I'm getting the most out of my vehicle. Try cleaning your fuel injectors and you throttle body, maybe that might help, and the let me know so that I can do the same.

·
Incognito
8,329 Posts
get your fuel filter changed and try to stick with one company of gas and one octane level. I get as much to the gallon as you do and I can burn gas faster than you can... well I'll let you fill in the blank.

·
Registered
7,590 Posts
This car sux on gas!!!!!

2001 GXE-L auto!!!!! should be giving me 500km when the light turns on. I get 320km or less every time. Tried super gas when i got it....sucked. Then moved on to Mid-grade.....still stucked. Now i've been at regular for the last 8,000km and it's better than those two but i only get 320km. That's gay. 320km in 50L???? That's definitely wrong. The dealership I bought it from claims that the mileage will get better after 40,000km....I don't think so. My car has no mods cuz I don't wanna void my warranty cuz I won't be able to afford any repairs. (17 year old wit no job). But I love my car...Platinum Mettalic rules.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.