The Nissan Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Plates, depending on your state, could take 6 weeks, but I have seen cases where it takes 2-3 months. Just ask other people in your state, it should give you a rough estimate.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
My girl waited almost 3 months for her plates in NJ. Dealer kept giving her the runaround saying they would be in any day :rolleyes: They just were lazy and didn't feel like sending anybody to the DMV.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Here you get your plate when you walk into the DMV to register your car...unless you transfer your registration, in which case you just yank the plate off the old cr and screw it onto the new one. Title follows within a month and a half.

·
4,020 Posts
tdoyle said:
Here you get your plate when you walk into the DMV to register your car...unless you transfer your registration, in which case you just yank the plate off the old cr and screw it onto the new one. Title follows within a month and a half.
Most dealerships will do the DMV work for you. In NY whether you get new plates or transfer you have plates on your car when you leave (dealer has a stock of them). The original registration is what takes so long.

·
TRD
302 Posts
Pulski said:
Most dealers have new plates on hand. When I got my car I expressed interest one night and the next day I drove it out of the lot with shiny new MA plates on it. We don't use temporary plates at all.
yeah same here in PA. the dealer should have brand new plates at the dealership and ready to put on when you buy the car.

·
1,873 Posts
tdoyle said:
True....

The day I bought my Alty I got the plates....

3 Months :eek:

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
the dealers that I have purchased vehicles from always had the plates ready when i picked up the car

1 - 14 of 14 Posts