The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
CrAqHeAd
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For your heater to actually warm up the car inside.. I know this problem/issue has been hammered to death, but i was thinking aboiut it today...

About how long does it take for you to feel warmth from the heater in your car? Is there an actual statement that has how long it should really take to warm up your car? I've noticed that even when the temperature gauge in the car is in the middle, it still does not seem to be that hot...

I know there is a TSB out there as well for this.. but i am just not sure if its something I even qualify for.

Just curious..

·
Registered
62 Posts
Mine takes about 5 minutes or 3 klicks of driving. However, I do have the heated seats so I don't feel as cold and I also use the block heater every morning to speed up the heating.

·
Registered
432 Posts
This morning it was 15 degrees in northern NJ(2/11/03) I let it run for about 5 min. The temp was wear it always sits (middle) Heat came up nice after about 1 mile or so.

·
CrAqHeAd
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
man i def need to get my car checked then... cause it takes a long time for mine to get warm

·
Registered
127 Posts
turn the heat on full, push the recirculate button, put it to blow on feet of face not windshield, this should help. If I dont have it on recirculate it takes for ever to it to warm up... and I live in San Diego, it dont get dat cold.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Mine works great. I get heat faster than with my 2001 Ford Ranger with a 2.5 litre (God I hate the term litre) engine. The HVAC system in my Alty works super and my temperature guage rises to and stays at a position below the mid point (just a hair above the line below center).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts