The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
hard on equipment
2,104 Posts
Generally, the first 1-3k miles are considered a break-in period for the car, so anytime after that should be ok.

You should know that most suggest adding all the basic bolt-ons before you add nitrous. Air filter, header, exhaust, and better spark plug wires would be strongly recommended.

·
It's Paid For.
1,187 Posts
I believe the new Altimas use coil over plug. If that is the case then you wouldn't be able to upgrade the wires. I don't know if they have platinum plugs, but it is usually recommended that you use a standard spark plug.

But Godzildo is right, if you want the most gain from N2O, then you need basic bolt-ons also. But N2O is a good bang for the buck upgrade without bolt-ons too.

·
hard on equipment
2,104 Posts
^^ All true. I didn't know they were coil-on-plug. I was running nitrous on a basically stock car first, and I'm still in the process of finishing all my upgrades. Takes forever to find the time when you're doing the work yourself.

·
Banned
1,143 Posts
i personally think you should do the I/E/H before you do Nitrous to get the full effect. But that is JMO

1 - 6 of 6 Posts