The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how many colors, that are visible to the naked eye, are there in the world?


this should be an interesting discussion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,124 Posts
IMO, too many colors to name. Different gradients and variations.

Edit: then again, if you wanna get technical, it would be just the colors of the spectrum because you can get a gradient by mixing several colors. :confused:
 

·
Be very afraid...
Joined
·
5,464 Posts
djsassan said:
how many colors, that are visible to the naked eye, are there in the world?
Visible to the naked eye? 10's of millions. How many colors make up those 10's of millions of color variations? 3.
 

·
f*cked up repugnant sh*t
Joined
·
7,969 Posts
Re: Re: how many are colors are there?

Creature said:


Visible to the naked eye? 10's of millions. How many colors make up those 10's of millions of color variations? 3.
you stole my answer.


:D
 
R

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Fette said:
actually three plus black and white. so 5.
no, three. if you mix the three colors of the spectrum, you'll get white. you can also think of it this way: white is the lightest shade physically possible of any given color. black is the darkest shade possible, of any given color.
 

·
f*cked up repugnant sh*t
Joined
·
7,969 Posts
dude, tell me. supposedly that is true (the white thing) but i tell you, i have mixed and mixed and mixed (as have friends of mine, and other artists) and i have never ever come anywhere CLOSE to making white. so how the hell do you do it? black, yes. i could see that. although i have never come closer than a dark muddy brownish color.
i know there are only 3 "colors", i just included black and white as shades.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
211 Posts
NotoriousGlow said:
Yeah there is an almost never ending amount of colors out there.

There are 3 main colors Blue, Red and Yellow that make all the other colors.

-Cory
Actually the three main colors are red, green and blue. You get yellow by mixing red and green.
 
J

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
i think the eye can see like 640,000 colors. Technically there are an infinite number of colors.
 

·
they call me the butcher
Joined
·
3,184 Posts
the human eye cann only see 36bits of color
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,479 Posts
Fette said:
dude, tell me. supposedly that is true (the white thing) but i tell you, i have mixed and mixed and mixed (as have friends of mine, and other artists) and i have never ever come anywhere CLOSE to making white. so how the hell do you do it? black, yes. i could see that. although i have never come closer than a dark muddy brownish color.
i know there are only 3 "colors", i just included black and white as shades.
Fette, seperating light and mixing paints are two different things.
 
1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Top