The Nissan Club banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im very low right now but the gas light has not come on yet...ever and i usually run it pretty low...about 12-13 gal on the fill-up

·
I am the universe.
1,034 Posts
93 to 97 altima fuel tanks hold appx. 15.7 Gal. The light usually comes on when you only have The most I've let it go is to 15.1 gal. The owners manual says to not run low on gasoline. Do fill up, if you just let it run till the light comes then you would be shortening the life of your fuel pump back there. have a nice day

-pedro

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i know that but its for a just in case type of situation...this is the only time ill let it run this low

·
Registered
143 Posts
Average Gas Left

Although it varies from car to car, most likely it is about 1 to 2 gallons. A easy way to get a estimate, if you ever get the light again, note the number of gallons of gas you filled up after and subtract that from the total gallons the tank can hold. That will tell you what was left.

Patel

·
jdm b16a eg6/MeCCaRyDeR
5,017 Posts
its bad to drive your car to the light...cause like when you fill up gas all the dirt and stuff goes to the bottom and when you get closer to E more of that dirt gets in your engine...there was an article on it in some mag. i forget which one...

·
Garbologist Extrodonair
1,888 Posts
JDM b16a EG6 said:
its bad to drive your car to the light...cause like when you fill up gas all the dirt and stuff goes to the bottom and when you get closer to E more of that dirt gets in your engine...there was an article on it in some mag. i forget which one...
i never let it go under a quarter tank for that reason........all the ish in the bottom gets in ur engine..........i also use a bottle of TECHRON every time i get an oil change..........:D

·
Smell it, fools...
1,627 Posts
your light comes on??!! :eek:

I've had my car die on me and never saw the light come on. And no, the bulb is not burned out.

·
RS-R = Authentic JDM
219 Posts
yeah, our altys gas lights dont work. I have never seen mine come on and I have had it loooooow before so always fill up before you start getting nerveous.

·
Resistance is futile
1,713 Posts
JDM b16a EG6 said:
If by "in your engine" you mean "stuck in your fuel filter because thats what it is there for", then yes.

·
Nissan God
5,942 Posts
:angry4: i ride till the light comes on ALL the time...:angry4: i didnt know it had any harmful effects:angry4:

·
No more pomegranite boobs
1,027 Posts
my light comes on all the time, especially when it's low on fuel and i'm going fast around a corner...
i have estimated like 1 gallon is left when my light comes on, but i think the exact calibration of these sending units vary from car to car.
For example, my alty takes about 70 miles to drop from the FULL mark, and my friend's alty takes about 30 miles (given same driving conditions, etc).

·
Resistance is futile
1,713 Posts
This reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where Kramer test drives a car and then he decides to see how far it will go....

·
Kawasaki Ownz
151 Posts
kierandill said:

If by "in your engine" you mean "stuck in your fuel filter because thats what it is there for", then yes.

Lmao, thats what i was thinkin...:)

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
the light came on and it took 13.2 gal.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.