The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Smoked Out
2,551 Posts
its jigga james said:
How many gallons left until the low fuel warning light comes on? I've driven down to near the Empty mark.. and filled up with 16.5 gallons, making only 3.5 gallons left in the tank. Do we even have a low fuel warning light? :embarasse

Uh, maybe I'm just forever broke....but my light STAYS on!!:D But, it usually happens for me around 30-33 left on the DTE.

·
Registered
14 Posts
if your dte starts to flash, and shows a -----, then usually the light comes on. This usually happens when I get to 30, but I think it depends on your driving as well.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I have actually put 20.010 gallons in one time. Either the pump was wrong or i drove around to long with the little orange light blinking in my face. which it was most likley me

wont do that again

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Sooner or later someone will mention that you ought to do a search on this issue as its been a populat topic for discussion. On most 2002 and 2003 Altimas the DTE begins to flash when you have about 4 gallons of gas left. I've driven around for a few days after it started flashing and have yet to break the 18.5 gallon mark on fillup. The fuel light seems to come on at about 3 gallons reserve on my 2.5S.

My guess is the fuel pumps are a real PITA to change or are very expensive or don't re-prime very well from dry so Nissan calibrated the system to be overly cautious when it comes to running out of gas.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts