The Nissan Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! Curious about all the altimas out there!

I will start,

I have a 2005 Nissan Altima 2.5L.. with 323,000KM that's 200,000 miles on my altima.. I purchased it about 5 years with 180,000Kms...

Kept up with oil changes.. ran low a few times.. No major repairs.. except..Front shocks and struts... top motor mount.. stilling running decent.. dealing with stuck calipers right now!

What about yours?

:smile

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hello! Curious about all the altimas out there!

I will start,

I have a 2005 Nissan Altima 2.5L.. with 323,000KM that's 200,000 miles on my altima.. I purchased it about 5 years with 180,000Kms...

Kept up with oil changes.. ran low a few times.. No major repairs.. except..Front shocks and struts... top motor mount.. stilling running decent.. dealing with stuck calipers right now!

What about yours?

:smile

Has the car been rustproofed every year? If not then it doesn't owe you anything. The way I figure it if rustproofed every year then you should get 400000 km if not then 300000 km. You will get more in mild climates with no salt used on the roads. don't put anything major in repairs if not rustproofed. Drive it until it dies. I have an 06 Altima 2.5 S auto trans and only 76000 km. But it isn't only mileage that counts. my car has been through 10 winters. I am assuming you are driving it in places where you don't have winters. Is yours manual or auto transmission?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I live in Calgary, Alberta. We have winters here and lots of salt on the road. I have never rust proofed the car.. however I do wash the car lots.. Centex gas station has a undercarriage spray that costs $1.00 when you wash your car.. I'ts funny despite the major problems people have with rusted undercarriage mine is in really good shape.. Today I just fixed my seized rear calipers and put in new guide pins and pads.. after doing so I realized the rear bearing has seized.. I'm getting a low pitch humming.. I may wait a while before changing it.. I just use this car to goto school and work..
OH!! also I repainted the front end when I got the car because it was peeling bad because of rock chips.. 5 years later its not bad.. but getting there again.. I did the front struts at about 280,000 that only cost about $500 because I didn't bother with the sway bar bushings..

I own a 2004 Nissan Maxima SE.. That car has been nothing but electronic problems (windows, seat, steering, sunroof) and the undercarriage is rusted.. needs new struts.. My maxima is @150,000 KMS!

Funny because I bought the maxima to replace my altima.. thinking I would sell the altima.. but I honestly prefer the altima better for speeding around.. the maxima looks nicer tho.

have you had to change any major parts on your car?

For all altima owners and maxima too... always watch the oil.. I've seen mine almost dry a few times.. and I check it alot... I feel like most of the engines seize due to lack of oil..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also... Do you have ABS and traction control? I love the fact my altima has NO ABS AND NO TRACTION CONTROL.. I feel safer with control in the winter..

I dislike the maxima because I feel like ABS WILL NOT STOP ON ICE! the car is heavy too and sets off the traction control lots in winter

·
Registered
129 Posts
Also... Do you have ABS and traction control? I love the fact my altima has NO ABS AND NO TRACTION CONTROL.. I feel safer with control in the winter..

I dislike the maxima because I feel like ABS WILL NOT STOP ON ICE! the car is heavy too and sets off the traction control lots in winter
Traction control is always better than no traction control. On ice nothing will stop the car unless you have ice tires or chains or studs. I have been to Calgary in the winter when visiting my brother who lives there. they put more sand on the road than salt. You should see how much salt they put on roads in Ottawa. Horrendous. I have ABS but no traction control. I put 2 new cats plus the 2O2 sensors cost me $ 2400 I also spent $900 putting new steel floorboards on passenger and driver side I also spent another 1200 on 2 rear shocks,2 rear stabilizer links,rear coil springs,and muffler plus I had to flush the brake fluid

·
GoDodgers!
79 Posts
I've got an 2005 Altima SE-R with 116k miles on it. Bought it with a tad over 100k last summer and had no major issues with it. Runs great!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts