The Nissan Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I just got back from a yr in Korea for the military and when I got my Alty out of storage the mechanic I had look at it said I need a new fuel pump! How much for parts and labor? And is it hard to change yourself if you not a true mechanic? Please help... Feel free to email me direct..

·
Registered
24 Posts
fuel pump

fuel pump is easy to change. it'll cost you between 8-12 bucks. just do it yourself. it looks like a fat pop can with 2 metal pieces sticking out of either end. All you need to do is undo the plastic clamps that hold the hoses on. top and bottom. take the hoses off. when you take the bottom hose off there will be some gas spill from the filter, but don't worry about it. Put the hoses on the new filter and clamp it. Oh yeah, and don't smoke!! thats it. good luck

·
Banned
0 Posts
Re: fuel pump

mceuen said:
fuel pump is easy to change. it'll cost you between 8-12 bucks. just do it yourself. it looks like a fat pop can with 2 metal pieces sticking out of either end. All you need to do is undo the plastic clamps that hold the hoses on. top and bottom. take the hoses off. when you take the bottom hose off there will be some gas spill from the filter, but don't worry about it. Put the hoses on the new filter and clamp it. Oh yeah, and don't smoke!! thats it. good luck
I am pretty sure you are talking about the fuel filter there buddy.

·
Registered
24 Posts
oops

Yeah, my bad i had this on my mind. I had some problems with my car and changed that a few days ago, it's helped a lot but it still drops idle. I'm still trying to figure it out. my friend had the same problem and replaced the spark plug wires and took care of it. Of course this has nothing to do with your pump. again my bad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts