The Nissan Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
I'm not sure about those, but the 15" alloys from '98-99 SE were 83.9 lbs to ship w/the stock General tires on plus the box. So i'm thinkin 40-41 lbs each w/the stock tires.

·
Registered
386 Posts
actually i think someone posted this once. the stock 15" steelies are 33 lbs. i can't remember if it's with or w/o the tire. i doubt they are lighter than the 15" alloys, so that 33 lbs must be w/o tires.

·
Registered
386 Posts
now if only someone knows how much 15" and 16" tires weigh .. it should be approx. universal weight for all of them as long as they are the same profile, etc.. right? (sorry for the many posts, i keep thinking of more stuff to say afterwards and i dont feel like editing)

·
i like pussy
125 Posts
------------------------------------
Coming soon:
- SR20DET swap
- Larger turbo
- Nitrous-cooled intercooler
- RWD conversion
- VTEC conversion
- Sedan->coupe conversion

This is not a joke. Don't hate.

-------------------------------------

hmm what is that all about??
i hope ur rich as a mutha ****a......

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
just the rims or rims+tires?
Jay

·
destroyer of words
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah sorry. I meant rims + tires. I ask because I remember reading that stock Maxima steelies weigh about 20 pounds. I'm gonna be switching wheels and I'm considering the stock alloys. I'll probably end up weighing my 15s today so I guess what I wanna know is.. how much the stock 16" alloy wheel+tire weighs, how much 16" wheel by itself weighs.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
i thought the Maxima SE rims for 4th gens and 225 tread weigh 22lbs?
If u really must know, I'll take my steal tire off and weigh it...do u want w/ or w/o hubcap? :)
Jay

·
destroyer of words
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Naw I just wanted the information if it was already available. Don't go to any trouble to weigh anything. If you're wondering why I'm asking these dumb questions about how much things weigh... I'm leaning towards getting stock alloys and I wanted to know if I could get significantly lighter aftermarket rims. Weight is more important to me than looks, but I'd like to keep it stock looking if possible. And I haven't decided if I'm gonna sell my old rims/tires/caps... if the steels are significantly heavier I'll sell them for sure. Mostly though, I just like knowing things for the sake of knowing them. That's just how I am. Anyhow, I doubt most of you care, which is why I just asked the question instead of typing out some long post about my decision making process and my habits.

So, I'm gonna go weigh my tires now... ;)

Oh yeah, and thanks to everyone who responded.

·
Hiiiigh Rollin!
103 Posts
hey guys i posted this my 15" steelies were about 31-33 lbs each and the stock 15" 5-star alloys from a first gen were a lil less than 20 each prob 18-19 althoough these are from a first gen the steelies should be the same in all years but this is also WITHOUT the tire soo this is a single wheel wheight -Jon

1 - 16 of 16 Posts