The Nissan Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a header install would cost? its going in tomorrow, but i didtn ask how much.. i jsut wanna be sure i have enough money on me.. any one know?

·
AKA Howey Feltersnatch
2,051 Posts
jus do it yourslef. it will save you lots of money and you will haev the satifaction of doing it yourself. i have done almost all the work on my car and have saved hundreds in install cost. the will ass rape you on the install price, just hope you have enough for the booty lube when you hear the quote;)

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was gonna, but it took madd long for them to get it and its chillin at the shop now. plus this snow shit makes it quite complicated to do any work, and it cant be held off any longer. these guys are awesome with prices so fuk it, i may as well just have them do it. its goin into the shop tomorrow mornin.

·
AKA Howey Feltersnatch
2,051 Posts
i feel you w. the whole snow thing. hope you dont have to shell out too much doe, latas. . .

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
aight.. $100 aint bad.. im pretty sure they wont charge more than $150.. .. i have $600.. they got me the header for $400 even (stillen) I didn't have to pay for shipping or anything so thats cool. and like i said, they're really good with prices.. installed my PR mounts for $50 and did my full suspension install for $80. thanks guys for the price ranges :)

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
word i watched jeff do a stillen header install last month.. :) jeff is THE man :D he was supposed to put my shit in, but its easier for me to go to my other boy down the block from my jobby.
jeffs the one who converted my car to 5spd :D

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
damn I did mine on my own at my garage on jack stands.
kudakev97SE is right
it makes you appreciate it more doing it yourself

and whatever price they tell you before hand will probably be a little off once they get at those cat bolts. holy shit those were a pain in the ass.

also erynn find out if the price includes re-torqueing the nuts cause you are supposed to after you drive on it for a few

and also make sure they will re-torqe them for free if you ever get a leak

·
Incognito
6,134 Posts
damn... 10 bolts, and 3 hours of labor? do they stop for coffee and ciggys during this break? maybe drop the kids off at the pool? that's a joke! honestly, it'll take a weekend mechanic that long, but not someone who does this for a living.

·
Shadetree Mechanic
6,095 Posts
I paid a couple hundred for mine......

Cause I snapped a ****ing stud and had to take of the head and have her drilled and tapped:(

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
mrdeucie said:
THe guys that put mine in also said that the cat bolts were hard as shit to get off.
thats what happened yesterday.. they hadda heat up the bolts to get them off, then wait madd long for them to cool before they could finish working. it took a while. but they only charged $100 for labor :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts