The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was rather surprised at the quote I received. $1200 for 6 months, I only pay $690/6 months for my 2001 Corvette and $390 for my 1996 Explorer. Are others finding insurance on the Altima a bit high or is it just me. I would have thought that with multi cars, mine would have been a bit lower. Heck, the Mustang GT Convertible I had last year was cheaper then this. :eek:

·
Registered
109 Posts
I got rid of my '97 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 and got an '02 3.5SE and my insurance went up $10/month. I pay somewhere around $700 every 6 months for the car and renters ins.

BTW I'm 24 y/o male in Illinois, and I don't have a perfect driving record. Insurance is through USAA.

·
1 large "member"
865 Posts
i pay $200 a month....which is $1200 every 6 months and $2400 a year....im 23 y/o male, with a clean record. this is my 1st and only car i've insured by myself.

·
Former Alty Owner
2,925 Posts
I pay 1600/yr for my car, 26 yr old, clean driving record.. I am wondering if my insurance is going up next year though.. :(

·
1 large "member"
865 Posts
$800 a year...holy poop!!!! thats awesome!

·
Future Z Driver
800 Posts
I pay $1150 a year for full coverage. I'm 23 and male with a clean driving record (though it's tough keeping it that way with 240 HP underfoot :) ).

·
Big Yellow Mutt
504 Posts
You young 'uns!

Wow you guys have high insurance!

I pay ~$620 a year. Glad I'm over 30 (though not much ;) )!

Yeah, that's full coverage, $250 deductable. State Farm rules :)

·
Registered
833 Posts
Mine was just increased from State Farm because they caught on to the fact that the car changed from 2001 to 2002.

It went up to $311 a half. ($622 a year)

I am not complaining though.

·
Kingpin
646 Posts
I pay $445 every 6 months. Over 25, clean record, multi-car discount, married, also carry house ins and flood ins through USAA. My ins was $780 every 6 months before I got married earlier this year!...........:D

·
Registered
109 Posts
That's a pretty good discount just for getting married. Maybe I should try the marriage thing...:)

Actually, I'm saving up for the ring right now.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
br said:
That's a pretty good discount just for getting married. Maybe I should try the marriage thing...:)

Actually, I'm saving up for the ring right now.
Yeah, that was what I am now thinking, I am getting married at the end of September, and will probably wait until after the 1st of the year to buy the new car, the 03's will be out and hopefully they will have some 0.9 financing after the 1st of the year.

One thing I have noticed about insurance and I should have asked this, but it depends on where you live, for instance, if you live in Dennison Ohio it is probably cheaper to insure the car then if you live in some place like Atlanta, Houston, LA, NYC. I noticed this when I moved from Albany Georgia to Atlanta, my insurance went up $24 a month.

I'm 24 and have a couple of tickets on my record, I think only two, 90 in a 70 and 83 in a 65, surprisingly, none of those are in my Vette, although, a one time I knew I was caught but for some reason the cops were never able to catch up and just so happened I was getting off the next exit and turning into an industrial park and they went zooming on by while I sat behind the building with my lights off

·
Registered
43 Posts
I dont own an Altima yet but I got a quote for $1900 a year full coverage with $1000 deductable, no car rental etc... I'm 30 years old, married, 0 point clean driving record. I'm paying only $1700 to insure my current SER Coupe. Dont know why Altima is more expensive.

David.

·
Big Yellow Mutt
504 Posts
nissan98ser said:
I dont own an Altima yet but I got a quote for $1900 a year full coverage with $1000 deductable, no car rental etc... I'm 30 years old, married, 0 point clean driving record. I'm paying only $1700 to insure my current SER Coupe. Dont know why Altima is more expensive.
There are lots of reasons cars vary. The Altima could simply be more expensive to fix in an accident. The headlight assemblies alone probably do it.

·
Big Yellow Mutt
504 Posts
e-squared said:
Mine was just increased from State Farm because they caught on to the fact that the car changed from 2001 to 2002.

It went up to $311 a half. ($622 a year)

I am not complaining though.
heh.. I hope I don't get that increase :D

In fact, I asked them several times point blank... are you sure that's for the V6??

Sounds like I got the same rate you have though.

·
Wasabi Warrior
1,023 Posts
nissan98ser said:

David.
Yikes! And I thought we paid more for insurance here in Hawaii. I'm getting away with about $900/yr. and a $500 deductible. I have a relatively clean record, but over 30, though...:(

1 - 20 of 87 Posts