The Nissan Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
What do you mean by code? You can go darker than 20%, but it also depends on what part of the country you're in, and if you're gonna get ticketed by the cops around your area. Which reminds me - I was walking across the street of my local precinct, when I see an m3 with limo tints(which are illegal in ny) but also having a flourescent police officer parking permit on the dash - ironic... anyhow, id say it would be cheaper getting tints done outside the dealer~

·
Da Shiznit
520 Posts
candyman99c said:
ok thanks. i think i will get tinted around 25-30%, u can still through it rite ?
Man, You really need to look at what you type before hitting enter.....

If you are asking if you can still see through it, Yes you can but your vision will be impaired at night,

And if your vision is anything like your English, Don't get darker that 5%.......

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
candyman99c said:
ok thanks. i think i will get tinted around 25-30%, u can still through it rite ?
what state are you in? here in CA, you cna't have any film on the front windows. However, I went 32% all around. i shoulda went 32 in front and 22 for the rears. Cops here are ok about it. Cost $120 for 7windows. that's titanium tint (lotsa uv protection, never fades, warantee backed by manufature so i can goto any shop to get repairs)
Jae

·
Registered
16 Posts
My tint is the Llumar Premier 35% tint (ALL metallic).. which i did all around... Here in Ontario, Canada the tinting laws are pretty vague.. again you have to check in your local area what the restrictions are. Anyways, it cost me around 300 canadian dollars w/o tax. You should check at the place whether or not they go underneath the rubber insulation on the window. In addition, check whether or not a whole piece of tint is used for the rear window. If they use several small pieces instead, you'll get "horizontal lines" running across.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
300_baud said:
My tint is the Llumar Premier 35% tint (ALL metallic).. which i did all around... Here in Ontario, Canada the tinting laws are pretty vague.. again you have to check in your local area what the restrictions are. Anyways, it cost me around 300 canadian dollars w/o tax. You should check at the place whether or not they go underneath the rubber insulation on the window. In addition, check whether or not a whole piece of tint is used for the rear window. If they use several small pieces instead, you'll get "horizontal lines" running across.
oh yeah, the insulation thing is pretty important. a really good shop will take the whole door panel off and take out the window..but I only know of 2 stores in SoCal that do that...and they were charging 240 for all 7 windows.
If you're creative, get your sunroof tinted too.
Jae

·
Carazy Canadian
13 Posts
$160 Canadian (about $110 US). Done by a professional installer who does nothing but tint windows/glass for a living. This is the 7th car I've taken to him, and have had nothing but flawless tinting. I went 15% all around, and I don't believe it's too dark at all.. it's really personal preference, unless you're resticted legally. Actually with the moonroof 'cover' slid back, the interior is quite bright, and the tinting becomes more see through from the exterior.

My $0.02

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.