The Nissan Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you spent 10,000 on engine mods and tranny. How much HP would the KA 2.4L put to the ground. With a Turbo. :D

Could you get close to 400hp with this?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just scan the threads other people started. You'll find a lot of good info there. Ask questions after you cover your basics from other peoples questions.

·
Premium Member
5,846 Posts
benssax said:
If you spent 10,000 on engine mods and tranny. How much HP would the KA 2.4L put to the ground. With a Turbo. :D

Could you get close to 400hp with this?
parts only yes. parts AND labour to rebuild the engine and install.......................maybe, but over 300 for sure. For a reliably build motor that is. 10k on a stock motor will make about 700hp !!!!!:eek: for about 15 seconds :D

·
Incognito
6,134 Posts
^ uhhh, no. you could easily spend 10k on a buildup alone. not to mention adding a turbo. stage 1 kit with install ran me 5k with all the bells and whistles (Turbo timer, boost gauge, blah blah blah). remember, these prices were 3 years ago and before Turbonetics took over F-Max and jacked their prices up 200 bucks (last week). you could hypothetically spend it on parts, but nowhere near labor for your machinist. if you cut a whole shit load of corners, you'd maybe able to eke it out, but when it comes to turbo shit, dont go cheap.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I assume a new transmission would be needed correct?

·
Erect Member
18,130 Posts
i dont like "what if" questions... they mean nothing. what if i spent 5 g's on a new transmission, would it make me faster? you can ask those all day and never go anywhere. the best thing to do is research what you want and how it can apply to you. there arent too many things you can do that havent been tried in one capacity or another, but i can tell you, if you want REAL power, boltons are only the tip of the iceberg. you gotta get inside that engine. old school domestic tricks will work, even on an import. read up on some old hot rod magazine and start innovating and experimenting. ive got some ideas right now that originated in domestic racing. 60 bucks to add 20 more horse to my car and its been used for years on domestics. research is the key, not a "what if".

·
Garbologist Extrodonair
7,262 Posts
"What if" i took out the backseats and all of the nuts and bolts...........would that shave enough weight for a 11sec 1/4mile e.t................:confused:

·
Incognito
6,134 Posts
altimate94 said:
"What if" i took out the backseats and all of the nuts and bolts...........would that shave enough weight for a 11sec 1/4mile e.t................:confused:
not possible, even if you only had a seat the engine and the driveline, and bare frame, you wouldnt get 11 seconds. the engine is not even close to race ready, and not even gonna mention serious serious traction issues...

·
Golden Member
1,834 Posts
^^^ that couldnt have been a serious question...

·
dismember
11,347 Posts
^only if u are also sporting a woodie.

·
dismember
11,347 Posts
cthunder said:
^ the woodie makes you more aerodynamic.
if he is "gifted" enough.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts