The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im went to places yesterday seeing where they could install my headers! i changed my mind ima have professionals do it! i found 3 places for my headers and 2 for my exhaust but all of them were closed cuz it was a sunday and today cuz its memorial day! how much am i lookin at for my headers installed? and i have my pulley also, how much should i expect to pay for that?

·
Honorary So Cal Member
16,046 Posts
40-50 dollars for the pulley and figure the header install is about 5-6 hours to do . Bsed on todays garage rates of 40-60 dollars per hour or more I would expect you to pay anywhere from 240 to 500 dollars for install of the headers.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Yea, I agree with dnvrfan. I've never seen headers installed that quick. Now granted, we are talking about the difference between 4 cyl and 6 cyl installation here. I don't know anything about the 2.5's, but I would guess several hours on the 3.5's......

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
dnvrfan said:
40-50 dollars for the pulley and figure the header install is about 5-6 hours to do . Bsed on todays garage rates of 40-60 dollars per hour or more I would expect you to pay anywhere from 240 to 500 dollars for install of the headers.
ur a good "estimater", if thats even a word! today i went to B and T motorsports and i called them up and i asked them how much and how long it would take to install my headers? he called me back and said, "are you sitting down for this"? i was like yea and guess wat this guy told me? he said it would take him about 9 hours and charge me 700 dollars to do it!!!!!!! i was driving at the moment and i almost crashed when we he told me that! Man u got to be kiddin me! how am i gonna pay for somthing that cost more than i actually paied for the product! shiznit man! that is too much, and he was like well thats wat it says in the computer, which calculates how long it would take! he said if he would take only 4 hours he would only charge me 300 bucks but hes never installed one so he couldnt be able to tell me exactly how long it would take, thats the thing. I dont think i should risk it though! then i asked him bout my cat-back! omg i dont know if any of yall have read my thread bout the mieneke one! well there, they were charging me 350 and i thought was waaayyy tooo much, well here he said it would be 700 dolllaaaaarrrrssss :bonk: man! theses guys are expensive! so at the end, since i had my SWA pulley in my trunk for a while, i made them install that! so they charged me 35 bucks to install it and they took like 45 minutes! so that was pretty good! at least i got something done today! yay! i hope yall dont complain about how i write! hope u understood it!

·
I <3 Sanjaya
1,824 Posts
b and t motorsports must be idiots to charge you 700 dollars. i paid 200 for a catback with a muffler (1st gen). and 700 for headers is bullshit. i wouldn't do it, go to local shops who aren't big chains, they usually ahve the best prices

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LoudNissan said:
b and t motorsports must be idiots to charge you 700 dollars. i paid 200 for a catback with a muffler (1st gen). and 700 for headers is bullshit. i wouldn't do it, go to local shops who aren't big chains, they usually ahve the best prices
yea i guess but maybe since the local shops have cheap prices, maybe they have like not professional enough work! i mean if its expensive u know they are gonna do a good job, right? i mean of course 700 is ridiculous and im not goin wit them but somewhere between 300-400 is resonable!

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
altima04 said:
if its expensive u know they are gonna do a good job, right?
WRONG... expensive shops can and do **** up. Take it to a place that does either mufflers and exhaust work or a import performance place... or option 3 post in your local forum asking if anyone knows a local shop that does good work.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Grimm_Reaper38 said:
WRONG... expensive shops can and do **** up. Take it to a place that does either mufflers and exhaust work or a import performance place... or option 3 post in your local forum asking if anyone knows a local shop that does good work.
did option 3 already not much help and yes the place i went to is a import place it just didnt seem prof. enough but thats the only place i could find! so i guess ima just go wit them!

·
Fibre Customs
14,959 Posts
If I remember right there were some who had it installed, one of them had the dealership do it and I believe they paid just about as much as the headers cost. Bring to me I'll install it for you for $350.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
altimateone said:
If I remember right there were some who had it installed, one of them had the dealership do it and I believe they paid just about as much as the headers cost. Bring to me I'll install it for you for $350.
ur in CA buddy like on the other side of the world! im in VA!! yea but im not paying that much!

·
Hispanic Causin Panic
1,747 Posts
u might just think about putting your ride on horses and doing the job yourself , i hear its not a pain in the ass even if u are not mechanically inclined. look to pay anywhere between 175 to 300 installed on the 2.5. nissan quoted a few ppl on here 400 installed on the 3.5.

·
Bad Boys are Back!!!
12,088 Posts
I haven't bought headers yet but they are on my list of mods and everytime I go to some new shop, I ask them and they all say depending on the car and the work cut out for them, it varies from $300 - $800. Some have stated that the reason for this high price is because all the newer model cars have so many chips and computers on board that its hard to fit or connect anything right and is time consuming.............Good luck !

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
LoudNissan said:
i went to a place in richmond that did my exhaust for 200. for a header i'm not sure but it SHOULDN'T run you 700
yea i know! it shouldnt i mean 400 is not THAT bad its just i dont want to do it mysellf cuz i might mess up my engine and it would cost me thousands to fix it! thats y i would rather prefer to pay 400 compared to 1000 bucks to fix it! u get wat im sayin?

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
dnvrfan said:
Dave from AT is out that way isn't he. Maybe he could help you . I think he did his.
whos that? and see wat the ppl said, its a pain in the ass, and most of all TIME CONSUMING!!!! thats wat i dont like!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts