The Nissan Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I wish I still had a Alty
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this morning I was moving my car with the door open.( I know stupid ass move.) Well the door got caught in the grass. Ended up pulling the door almost completely off!! Now the front left fender is bent in and I cant open the drivers side door. There's no paint damage its just bent in. How much do you think it will cost to fix? Words to the wise dont drive your alty half sleep.:D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Where to these people come from? and better yet. . .how did they survive to be of driving age? :confused: :rolleyes: :confused:

·
Registered
482 Posts
if its not deep enough to damage the paint then its proly not deep enough to cause frame damage, plus I dont think there would be enough force to cause that much of a dent with the door hitting the fender. anyways man first off your dumb as shit, im sorry but it needed to be said im sure your a nice guy but that is one of the most rediculus things iv ever heard of, but im sure you already realized how rediculusly dumb you are when this occured, dont worry we have all done some dome things in our lives though, but I think this is one of thoes things that should be in a blupers videos with people thinking, "who could achually let that happen???" anyways im not gona site here and only criticize you like most people on this board im gona help you. take your fended off, its not too hard then wrap a cloth around your hand and bang the dent out. dont hit it do hard or you will damage your fender but its not that hard as long as you be carefull. Now if you could care less about saving that fender then take a crow bar and just pull the dent out with it so you can get the door open and shut. I wish we had a blupers section on this board with pics and multimedia, cause this would be a great addition.

·
I wish I still had a Alty
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the comments and "constructive" criticism. I got a estimate it should be no more than a grand to fix. My insurance said that the would pay for it but when they see this bill they are prolly gonna total the car. Since Ive been in two other accidents totaling over 12k of damage in 2 years for a 93. Damn this was gonna be my project car too. Oh well fuck it. Guess I may get a 2k2 a lil earlier than expected :D

·
I OWN XTC,An XTC OWNZ U
909 Posts
the cheepest place to get body work done is meeco, i took my car there when i got sideswiped, the do a good jod for half of what a bodyshop will charge. 2 body shops gave me an estement of over $2,600 but meeco did it for $1,300 thats a good deal

·
Registered
198 Posts
well since you live in birmingham and im up in new york the only way i can help you is to tell ya you might need a new fender. i can check for a price at my shop and post it up on here. it will problly cost more to get the dent repaired if you cant even open your drivers side door. you could possibly have some painter at a body shop paint it for you and YOU could put it back on. save you more money than youll think.

~steve

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.