The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Birdman04
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
for a 96 altima with over 60,000 miles. it is gold, tinted windows, and from i can see has an exhaust system on it. the guy is askin 6800 for it.
i found out more. it is actually a 97 gxe 5speed. has short shifter, headers, cam work already done. and it runs 14s in the 1/4 mile.

619 Posts
Not enough information...

Well that's hardly enough information to judge... What model is it?? I mean if it's an XE with crank windows, it's not going to be worth as much as a gle fully loaded with leather, sunroof, and abs. Anyways, let's just assume that it's NOT an xe, more like a gxe/se.... if this is a private seller.... 96 alty, 60k miles, aftermarket exhaust, and tint..... 5500 tops.... aftermarket exhaust is generally a good sign that the car was driven "hard". More likely, I'd expect that car to go for $5K private seller...if it's a dealer..I could understand up to $6...but that's my opinion from prices around boston.

·
Banned
117 Posts
In my opinon - it's pretty expensive as well. Unless it is nicely loaded and in really good condition. Low miles - a very good part of a deal.
I paid only $4400 for 95 GXE with 80K - looked like new, new inside and brand new tires... 5 speed. That was a good deal.

So, make sure the engine has been taken car of and has some life left in it.

·
Talib Kweli
275 Posts
well then i got ripped off...
i paid 5500 for a 97 gxe with 90,000 on it...

·
Banned
117 Posts
Not necessarily - new car is better than older one... no matter what they say.
You have fresher wirings! When mine will deteriate, rot and get rust, urs wont! cuz it's two years newever.
I really wish mine had a leather interrior, they r so much nicer, dont wear as quickly or get dirty... I have to use a seat cover to protect light bright original velur.

·
Registered Member
175 Posts
i paid entirely too much for my car when i bought it so im no judge of prices. in 2000 i paid $5000.00 for a 93 gle with 130,000 miles on it.......

·
Registered
8 Posts
Kingman08 said:
well then i got ripped off...
i paid 5500 for a 97 gxe with 90,000 on it...
Well I say you all got ripped off. 96 alti gxe 74000 miles. Got it for $2500. I guess it helps when your father has a car lot

·
Speed Ricer
1,198 Posts
i got my 96 GXE in excellent condition for 5,600 with new tires and all , 70k miles on it. at the dealers these were goin for near 7,500+, i guess BMW lots here have all the good deals.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ha- I paid $6000 for a 94' 5speed GXE with 125k on it back in 2000. But the car has given me 0 problems and runs great. I got it from a used car dealer. It's all relative I think. I think it was worth it even though thinking back I could have gotten it probably about $500 better. The way I look at it- If you can get a car that runs great - looks good- and no or few problems under $8,000- plus having it for 3 years or more- THAT'S NOT BAD!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Siizzzoooo said:
i paid $15k for a 99 SE-L with 7 miles on it :dunno: i think it was in pretty good condition
/me smacks siz

how could you pay soooo much for a car with 7 miles on it..... if it had 0 miles it might have been worth it, sounds like u got hussled :smack: :p

·
Registered
51 Posts
for the sake of color

96 GXE decent condition with 88k in oct 2003 for $3200. so far I've had to replace the distributor (within the first month) and more recently the alternator. Still happy with it, now has about 96k miles and after a new alternator, distributor and H&R springs and GR-2 shocks I think I can sell it for at least 2600 and up to 3000. So I think I did ok.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts