The Nissan Club banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,934 Posts
Thats right, BOOM. Glad I didn't have to step in, LOL
Yes, doing that will make noise, but it will not preserve audio signal quality and will likely reduce it by adding potential interference into the input side of the stock amp.

If all you are doing is driving a sub, you'd be better off putting a High-to_Low ($20 at Crutchfield/RShack/etc.) on one of the front door speaker outputs of the BOSE amp, and using that (uncrossed sig) to feed your sub amp.

I think we can agree to disagree on the 'simplicity' of the task.

Knock your socks off, it's your system after all.

·
§è~® f®ÈÄk
13,396 Posts
Yes, doing that will make noise, but it will not preserve audio signal quality and will likely reduce it by adding potential interference into the input side of the stock amp.

If all you are doing is driving a sub, you'd be better off putting a High-to_Low ($20 at Crutchfield/RShack/etc.) on one of the front door speaker outputs of the BOSE amp, and using that (uncrossed sig) to feed your sub amp.

I think we can agree to disagree on the 'simplicity' of the task.

Knock your socks off, it's your system after all.
Why would you take the signal after the amps? The input signal is ideally what you would take before it's been processed by the blose.

·
6,934 Posts

·
6,934 Posts
D0ug the method that's has been used since the 95+ maxima Bose still works through at least the 2006 Altima. I have owned Bose equipped maximas and altimas since then and have used the rca splicing method. Works fine, no noise issues.
Ok, I'll stand down on this one :wink

·
Registered
6 Posts
GREEN/WHITE: Amp ON/OFF signal
BLUE: Rear Right +
BLACK/WHITE: Rear Right -
BROWN: Rear Left +
BLACK/RED: Rear Left -
Do you know if these are the same for my 06 altima?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just did this the other day and I took some pictures while I was at it. Hopefully this will help some people if they're planning on doing the same thing.

This was done on an 05 SE-R with the Bose 6-CD changer. I can't guarantee that the wire colors are going to be the same for your car, so check a wiring diagram to be sure.

If you want to add an amp to your stock Bose system without changing the H/U or paying for a special harness follow these steps:

1. Disconnect the black/blue harness connector from the Bose amp (underneath the rear panel in the trunk).

2. Find the appropriate cables to splice (my audio signal cables were wrapped in the red and grey heatshrink):

(It helps to label the cables with tape)

3. Cut one end off of a spare patch cable:

4. Strip the patch cables. The shielded cable on the inside is +, the outer shielding is -. Connect these (splice, crimp, solder) to some spare wire and label accordingly (R-, R+, L-, L+):

5. Using quick splice terminals, connect the appropriate wires from the patch cable to the wires on the Bose amp harness, and your amp turn-on cable:

6. Plug the RCA patch cable in to your amp input, and attach the cable from the Bose amp turn-on wire to your amp. That's it!

The inputs to the Bose amp are all ready low level, so splicing your patch cable in to these ensures you get the pure signal from the H/U.
The quick splice terminals can be bought at any auto parts store for pretty cheap. You don't have to use them, but it makes things a LOT easier.
Thanks again to Nismos14 for helping me figure this out.
this is a
I just did this the other day and I took some pictures while I was at it. Hopefully this will help some people if they're planning on doing the same thing.

This was done on an 05 SE-R with the Bose 6-CD changer. I can't guarantee that the wire colors are going to be the same for your car, so check a wiring diagram to be sure.

If you want to add an amp to your stock Bose system without changing the H/U or paying for a special harness follow these steps:

1. Disconnect the black/blue harness connector from the Bose amp (underneath the rear panel in the trunk).

2. Find the appropriate cables to splice (my audio signal cables were wrapped in the red and grey heatshrink):

4. Strip the patch cables. The shielded cable on the inside is +, the outer shielding is -. Connect these (splice, crimp, solder) to some spare wire and label accordingly (R-, R+, L-, L+):

5. Using quick splice terminals, connect the appropriate wires from the patch cable to the wires on the Bose amp harness, and your amp turn-on cable:

6. Plug the RCA patch cable in to your amp input, and attach the cable from the Bose amp turn-on wire to your amp. That's it!

The inputs to the Bose amp are all ready low level, so splicing your patch cable in to these ensures you get the pure signal from the H/U.
The quick splice terminals can be bought at any auto parts store for pretty cheap. You don't have to use them, but it makes things a LOT easier.
this is a dumb question, but can you splice behind the factory unit or just through the amp in the trunk

·
Registered
2 Posts

Did you have multiple brown and blue wires? How did you know which ones? My guess is the wires you have are all close together on my amp, so figured those are probably the right ones

·
6,934 Posts
Doesn't matter if you tap behind the radio or near the amp...whatever is more convenient for your setup. Usually the solid colours are the + copy of the signal and the striped the - copy.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts