The Nissan Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Its in the engine compartment of the vehicle, near the back right next to brake fluid resoivor. Its usually silver in color, two hoses connect to it. All you need is screwdriver and some time. It can be tricky to reinstall......gl

·
5spding soon...
1,377 Posts
its a silver cylinder next to your brake booster, it'll have a hose coming up from underneath into its ass then another coming out from the top towards the top of the engine. pull the fuel pump fuse from your fusebox underneath the steering column, start your car, let it die, turn the car off, use pliers/screwdrivers/anything to loosen the hose clamps and remove the hoses. put towels around it to keep fuel from getting everywhere. pull like a m*therf*cker. installation is opposite of removal.

·
Lookin' for a hooptie
1,125 Posts
yup pull like a mofo. sometimes twisting helps get it off alot easier. grab the hose with a set of nonjagged pliers so you dont fup the hose and twist. this will usualy loosen it so it pops right off.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
This is what helped me and it only took about 5 minutes to pull and replace the filter: Depressurize the fuel system, then loosen the clamps on the filter.
I used a large flatblade screwdriver to work the lower hose off w/o tearing it up (you could wrap the end w/a little tape or use a rag or something). Then I removed the cruise control vacuum pump (the black round flat object mounted on the firewall w/the cable running out of 1 side and vacuum hose out the other). Remove the two screws/bolts. After swinging it out of the way, you now have room to pull the filter up closer and while grabbing the disconnected end of the filter, work/twist the filter out of the remaining fuel line. It takes no time since you don't have to worry about busting your knuckles and you have great access to twist the filter out much faster.
Anyway, it worked great for me....

Jeremy

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Well first off, let me say that if you don't have a car manual for the Altima, go to Autozone, Advance or anywhere and pick one up for about $15...It has pics that can help you figure stuff out even if you don't completely understand the directions.
I can't remember which fuse you pull. Inside the car between the steering column and the door about knee level is the inside fuse box and it has a plastic cover you can pull out. There's a diagram on the inside of the cover that should tell you which one you need(3rd down on left??) Use the little fuse puller(plastic tweezer looking thing, or get one)and pull the fuse w/the car off of course. Then crank the car and let it run until it dies, this releases the fuel pressure and doesn't matter how much is in the tank; you must do this to prevent fire/injury.
Now standing in front of your car:
The firewall is the part of the car that the brake booster (big black round thing) and brake reservoir(where you add brake fluid) are mounted to-it's at the back where you'll see lines and things running into the inside of the car. The fuel filter(silver/goldish cylinder/can)brackets I believe are also mounted to it. The firewall seperates the engine area from the inside of the car. Anyway, near the top of the firewall, above and a little to the left of the fuel filter is a black round part(looks kindof like a hockey puck) that has a black hose running into the right side of it and a black cable that comes out the left side and runs along the other(accelerator/throttle)cable on top of the motor. That hockey puck thing is the cruise control pump. There are 2 10?mm bolts(can use philips screwdriver too I think) that hold it to the firewall. Remove those and just swing the pump out of the way, just so you can have room to work w/the fuel filter when you get the bottom hose loose. Then follow my(or the others')directions for changing the filter.

Hope this helps......................................Jeremy

·
How now brown cow?
3,865 Posts
ars said:
Don't worry about depressurizng fuel system, no gas will come out since the car is not running, atleast I never did it on my car. Just make sure to put rags under it to keep the gas from spilling.

Why take that chance? It's not exactly labor intensive or anything.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts