The Nissan Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
mmmm...perforated leather
821 Posts
Altima2000 said:
I tried a search and no answer. How do I change the light bulb on my shifter? Anyone did this before?
You need to remove (or at least get it so that you can move it out of the way) all the trim around the gear selector [shifter] trim (the black piece w/ the letters and numbers). I also unscrewed the armrest immediately behind the shifter (screws are next to the seats - pull the seats forward completely).

That black piece is secured with a "snap" attachment; you simply need to pull up on it........however, mine wasn't able to go up too far, so it may be a little difficult to grab the bulb. The bulb is almost immediately below the "number" strip.

hope that helps (a bit)....

G

·
take your time!
take your time!
didn't you read my post a coupe days earlier?
don't bang anything.....

like dimitrios said, take the surrounding
frames off..... even pull away the armrest....
that should free areas that would block the
plastic piece that houses the letters PRND12.

good luck.
:p

·
mmmm...perforated leather
821 Posts
design02 said:
take your time!
take your time!
didn't you read my post a coupe days earlier?
don't bang anything.....

like dimitrios said, take the surrounding
frames off..... even pull away the armrest....
that should free areas that would block the
plastic piece that houses the letters PRND12.

good luck.
:p
yeah, pull away as much as you can/should and do take your time....it's one of the most awkward items and tasks to replace...get a manual (Haynes) to show you where all the clips and screws are.

·
Torqueless wonder...
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dimitrios said:

yeah, pull away as much as you can/should and do take your time....it's one of the most awkward items and tasks to replace...get a manual (Haynes) to show you where all the clips and screws are.
I have a 2k altima so a haynes manual is not available to me...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.