The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the blue bulbs from www.lightlens.com ....but i have no clue how to take off the tail light so that i can install the reverse light bulb (Backup)...Any Help Greatly Apreciated...
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
101 Posts
COOL! I am doing the same mod on Tuesday when the bulbs come in! I am pretty sure installation is a snap. You should be able to removethe carpet mat surround on each side just inside the brake light housing. Then you will see the wires going in to the housing. Just turn it and it will pop out and you can replace the bulb. This is how most cars are made but I'm not 100% sure this is how it is on the Alty.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i got up to the carpet part...but the problem is that there are two hooks on each side that hold the cargo net...now to get those two hooks out...there has to be some special tool or a trick to do that...but thats how far i got...once the carpet is off...i think then you have to take out the tailight and then you can change the bulb...if anyone knows a trick would help much...

·
"Respect My Authoritei"
11,610 Posts
asianbrotha84 said:
yea, i changed mine to blue. nice cheap mod. nice chop mark! i like the torque 5 in gunmetal like shortee.
Yeppers..This is a cheap mod and looks sweet when in reverse.

Thanks..I am trying to get a feel for these rims. I have someone local that is wanting my rims really bad, so I thought I would give it some thought. I have not decided which color, gunmetal or silver.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thnx lowriderman3...i got those hooks off...but how do i get the taillight off...there are two plastic things(nuts...i guess...but how do i get them off) that i think are holding the taillight....i got the 05' model...if that makes a difference

·
"Respect My Authoritei"
11,610 Posts
ewrcsr said:
thnx lowriderman3...i got those hooks off...but how do i get the taillight off...there are two plastic things(nuts...i guess...but how do i get them off) that i think are holding the taillight....i got the 05' model...if that makes a difference
Not sure if the '05 is the same. We have plastic thingys on ours, but they pop off and then you can see the bolts.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
do i have to pop them off...with plyers or how...its two small plastic things...one on the top and one on the bottom

·
Chinese Foooooooooooddd!
705 Posts
i would definitely go gunmetal w/ silver. with the new bumper, that would look damn good! planning on getting this bumper and gunmetal or black rims by the end of next summer. gotta pay for college!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok...i just put in the blue bulbs...and its the same thing as on the 02-04 models...its just i was looking in the wrong place....Thanks to everybody that helped me :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
OK...I'm a moron! I didn't realize that the plastic pop-in effectively has a 'head' that you pop out first with the flathead....I struggled getting them out, and couldnt get it back in until I realized what was up. They look great now! Peeps point now at night when leaving video store!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
your not the only moron...i also didn't know what to do...then when i found out...i got them off easily...but then what happend....i didn't think that it was the nuts that i had to screw off...but i thought i had to take off the plastic/rubber things on the inner side of the taillight closer to the body of the car...on the right side i cracked one of them...but the taillight is not loose thank god...anyway they're in...just don't want to go to the parking lot to see how they look at night...too lazy...lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts