The Nissan Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
87 octane evangelist
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone tell me how to check the engine codes? i checked the faq and i didn't see it, and a quick search of the archive didn't come up with what i was looking for.

thanks,
dan
busted ass 93 altima that i just bought saturday.

·
"Member"
120 Posts
"do a search, it's been discussed before"

j/k.

ok next to the gas pedal, there is a lil panel connected to the center console. pull the panel out, then you'll see the ecu behind. you'll then see a screw with a clear plastic over it. with the car battery on, not running. just turn the screw 180 degrees to the right, then wait 2 secs. then turn it back. watch the check engine light for blinking. count how many times the light blinks (long, short) and you have the code.

ant

·
Registered
15 Posts
samething happens to mine!!!!!!!!
and i did do that reseting the ecu or the darn computer and it rode great but after a while check engine light came up again!
and i reset it again but soon after it came back on! how do i rear the check engine light i know that when i reset it will flash the code but the word says it is coded how do i decoded in other words how do i know tha is wrong whit the car???:confused:

·
87 octane evangelist
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
chepo38 said:
samething happens to mine!!!!!!!!
and i did do that reseting the ecu or the darn computer and it rode great but after a while check engine light came up again!
and i reset it again but soon after it came back on! how do i rear the check engine light i know that when i reset it will flash the code but the word says it is coded how do i decoded in other words how do i know tha is wrong whit the car???:confused:
once you get the code (a number), you can look it up in a table. there is probably one in the FSM if you have it, or i think i saw link to it from the FAQ.

·
ASE certified wiseass
174 Posts
I copied it from the FSM.

jiggersplat said:

once you get the code (a number), you can look it up in a table. there is probably one in the FSM if you have it, or i think i saw link to it from the FAQ.

Check it out right here in stupid web format.

http://members.tripod.com/RGAZ/altimacodes.htm

You are welcome.

Randy

·
Am I still a NOOB?
831 Posts
I'm kinda new to this, but when it says engine code for example 113 for a/t 1st signal, does the engine light flash 113 times or what goes on?

·
87 octane evangelist
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
AltyPrince said:
I'm kinda new to this, but when it says engine code for example 113 for a/t 1st signal, does the engine light flash 113 times or what goes on?
"When reading the number from the Check Engine light, the tens digit is the long flashes and the short flashes are the ones digit. 100 is 10 long flashes, 10 is 1 long flash, 1 is one short flash."

on the bottom of the page with the codes...

i think 113 would be 11 long flashes and 3 short flashes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
A long flash is 10 and a short flash counts as one, so for example a long flash and a short flash would be 11. Those codes are the same for 93-97 altimas.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts