The Nissan Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I check TX fluid level when the car is cold, it is good. But when I start it to operating temperature and check it again, I get low reading. Is this normal? What is the correct way to measure it?

Also, I see leak in the Tx system cos fluid level gets decreasing..Should I use Lucas fix? What do you guys recommend? Thanks in advance.

Sagr

·
Registered
458 Posts
You'll always get different readings between Hot and Cold. My car is a 5 speed, so I'm not sure about the Altima's automatic transmission, but most vehicles have crosshairs or notches in the dipstick to indicate high/low and/or hot/cold measurements.

·
///M Time!
3,872 Posts
Get the car up to operating temperature by light driving. Then place the gear selector into each position (P R N D 2 1) for a couple sections. Park on a level surface and place the gear selector into P and leave the car running. Pop the hood, pull the tranny dipstick and wipe clean. Place the dipstick back into the tube fully and pull out again. Read on the HOT side of the dipstick. The length between the two holes is 1 quart of fluid.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 1999-2000 Nissan Altima that has no dip stick for the transmission fluid. Does anyone know were the port to add ATF fluid is located on the transmission? please help with a reply if you do know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts