Discussion Starter #1
Tools:
  1. Heat Gun or Hair Dryer
  2. Blockbuster Card or Credit Card
  3. Goof Off (Home Depot, $4.98)
  4. Car Wax
    [/list=1]

Time: 10-20 Minutes

1. Heat up the emblem with the heat gun or hairdryer.

2. Take the Blockbuster card or Credit card and move it between the car and the emblem carefully. Should come off easily.

3. There will still be some sticky stuff left but don't worry about it.

4. Spray some Goof-off on a towel and remove the rest of the sticky stuff.

5. Take the car wax, apply it to a towel and wax the spot you just used the Goof-off on.

6. Repeat these steps to remove all the emblems.

*Finished Product*

Good Luck :)

·
Registered
432 Posts
What, no screwdriver and hammer. Finish off with sandpaper

·
BOSRI NAH CHOD!
641 Posts
dont use a CREDIT CARD use DENTAL FLOSS

·
BOSRI NAH CHOD!
641 Posts
nope it will be fine. you might have to wax and buff it out.

·
TALL member
11,882 Posts
a blockbuster card MIGHT be alright due to the way it flexes...but a credit card is a big NONO!!! Dental floss *preferably mint* would be the best thing to use...and you don't have to use goo gone...just use your finger and rub as much off as you can. If you can't get it all off, then use a scratch remover. That would be better. Then use a wax.
By the way, I was joking about the mint floss. I don't think it matters. I just happened to use mint.:D

Also, for one of the emblems, I just got my hands behind it and pryed it off. That worked too.:D

·
Registered
22 Posts
Debadging; just do it. It's as easy as you say. Took me 30 minutes tops to pull the hamburger, altima and the 2.5sl. It's like it was never there.

·
Altimas.net
4,928 Posts
Anyone planing to do this mod, Do not use GOO OFF on your car unless its automotive Goo Off.

Also to clean the black stuff off, just use car polish and let it sit, its much better for the paint. Just make sure you dont use something abbrasive like Turtles Wax Compound, use something like Meguiars step 3.

Oh yah, and be careful with a heat gun, dont just let it sit there, move it a lot or better yet, wait for a hot day so you dont need to use a heat gun on your paint, its not all that good for it.

Good Luck

·
Not a throbbing member.
283 Posts
Be careful when doing this.....

Both Slurppie and I found deep chips in the paint underneath the 3.5 and 2.5 respectivley.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts