The Nissan Club banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
At the dealership and I'm springing the 140 bucks for them to reset the head unit. They are a little worried d/t the many different units they used in the 2014 altima, some were used in the infinity and may have to be reset back to nissan. Risk reward factor is about even if it doesn't work ill get another after market radio. But there is definitely a factory reset in these head units.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought a Pioneer radio Bluetooth For my 2014 altima just a heads up you need to disconnect the old unit from the module at the bottom of it and reconnect it to your new radio. Otherwise you lose your Thermostat functions.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I purchased a Pioneer DMH-220EX from Crutchfield. The volume and station switches work, Crutchfield offered the harness, but did not explain that the module under the factory radio needed to be reused for the hvac controls to work. It does enough for me. Overall I'm am satisfied with my choice, it looks great, it was clean install. I didn't have any extra parts leftover either.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Just got this error today wondered if you found a fix or went to the dealer. Thanks
I havnt gone to the dealer yet due to limited time and COVID situation. But will try a dealer to get this fixed for free. If they want to make a buck for this, I would rather get a aftermarket unit with carplay for my altima.
Please share what you end up doing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I havnt gone to the dealer yet due to limited time and COVID situation. But will try a dealer to get this fixed for free. If they want to make a buck for this, I would rather get a aftermarket unit with carplay for my altima.
Please share what you end up doing.
Checked with dealer to day if they will reset for Free. The customer care said, Nope- will charge full diagnostics fee of $150. I said good luck, I wont need your service but rather a new headunit.
Your mileage may vary.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts