The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
A+, MCP
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

Does anyone know/have experienced on replacing the standard rear-view mirror with the auto-dimming w/ compass? I'm planning to change mine and not sure how to do it. Also, does anyone interested in group buying the auto-dimming with campass? Just curious.

·
not your avg 4 dr
108 Posts
I'm in for the group buy.

·
A+, MCP
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pimpin'alty said:
how much is it withought the group buy and how much would it be approx with the group buy???
At NissanPartsUSA.com, they sell it for $151. I don't know what's the price for group buy, man. I'm just wondering how many people would want to buy one. This thread is mainly for "how to install".

·
Registered
71 Posts
I think all the cars are prewired for this, you can check by removing your sunglass storage and checking for the wires...thats where it plugs in, I checked this on my friends 03 that came with the auto-dimming rear view mirror.

·
Disproportionate Member
716 Posts
Getting the auto-dimming one with the leather sport package, but the compass would be cool (yes, I know there's already one on the dashboard).

·
3.5 SE
761 Posts
Aquineas said:
Getting the auto-dimming one with the leather sport package, but the compass would be cool (yes, I know there's already one on the dashboard).
where is the compass on the dashboard?

·
A+, MCP
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Aquineas said:
I have never see an Alti with campass on the dashboard. I think you meant the temp. gauge. I didn't know there's auto-dimming without campass & temp. gauge either. :confused:

·
Disproportionate Member
716 Posts
sht dawg said:
where is the compass on the dashboard?
I was told it's in the trip computer.

·
A+, MCP
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Aquineas, that is no campass in the trip computer but temp. gauge. AGAIN, NO CAMPASS IN THE TRIP COMPUTER COZ I HAVE THE TRIP COMPUTER.

·
No, you can't drive it!
683 Posts
HKNinja:

The auto dim mirror should install to the windshield on the same mount as your old mirror.

Remove your sunglass holder (2 screws) and see if the wiring harness is present (as 3.5 Stillen Edition already suggested).

If not you'll need to run a power lead to the mirror. Several people have described running the power lead for radar detector installs.

Try this thread for ideas:
http://www.altimas.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64529&highlight=radar+detector

·
A+, MCP
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok Dadster. Do you guys see a wire running from your mirror into the sunglass box?

·
ex-nissan owner
1,519 Posts
I know there is.. but there is a black piece that installs onto the windshield and over the wires.. if that makes any sense what so ever.. I'm a little hung over this morning.. sorry

·
Registered
532 Posts
Ok, The autodimming mirror w/compass is $104.00, that is without a group buy.

From www.IronToad.com which is a authorized Nissan dealer!

A groupbuy should make it under $100.00

The price from Nissanpartsusa is a rip off!

I was planning on buying it soon, So I will go in on a group deal. There is a phone# on www.Irontoad.com website, maybe somebody can call and try to set up a group deal, Im at work and cant use the phone at the momment.

The install is easy:
I have looked into how to install it, It comes with a really long cable, You screw the mirror in place like your stock mirror, run the wire along the headliner, down the front pillar and it connects to the fuse box, or you can tap into the power in the light above the mirror.

Even without a groupbuy $104.00 is pretty cheap, They might not be able to do much more for a groupbuy since the price is so low, Maybe suggest free shipping???? Or $100.00 shipped?

·
A+, MCP
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Abstraxx said:
Ok, The autodimming mirror w/compass is $104.00, that is without a group buy.

From www.IronToad.com which is a authorized Nissan dealer!

A groupbuy should make it under $100.00
Wow! That's hella a good deal, Abstraxx!!! $104.00 is more than GREAT! Thanks! How much is the shipping anyway?

3.5 Stillen Edition was saying that there maybe a plug under the sunglass box that's for the auto-dimming & compass mirror. Did anyone get a chance to look at it? I hope we don't have to tap into the light.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Your welcome!

When I called www.Irontoad.com a while back and questioned them about the install the technician said, To run the wire to the fuse box and It just plugs in, So I do not believe there is a connector there.

Im sure you can hardwire it by the light with some fuse taps

Shipping is $10.98 UPS to all of the US

Can somebody call them up and see about a group buy, maybe if we give them 10 or 15 orders they can give us free shipping??? or $100.00 even??

there phone number is:
1-800-220-2121

please post any info

1 - 20 of 52 Posts