21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,341 Posts

·
Just keep it clean baby!
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
So on the official Nissan Parts website, it says the body side mouldings are not available for the 2.5... doesn't make sense.

2014 Nissan Altima Sedan Accessory Parts - Nissan USA eStore

Also it doesn't let me order directly to my house, it has me input my zip code and chose a dealership.
Yea I don't know why it says not available for 2.5. It's not like the 3.5 has a different body style. My car is a 2.5. I think it's quicker if you just call the dealer and let them get it. My dealer had it in 24hrs. Price was the same as the website.

·
Registered
123 Posts
So on the official Nissan Parts website, it says the body side mouldings are not available for the 2.5... doesn't make sense.
What??? maybe it dont fit? Surely the "Altima Sedan Accessorizer" would not lie? lol

:confused2

Those prices aren't outrageous to me like some things. Anyone know what the dealer charges to put them on? (or even if they do)

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
What??? maybe it dont fit? Surely the "Altima Sedan Accessorizer" would not lie? lol

:confused2

Those prices aren't outrageous to me like some things. Anyone know what the dealer charges to put them on? (or even if they do)
Obviously it will fit. The 2.5and 3.5 have the same body and dimensions. Stupid website.

It's all tape, why wouldn't you be able to align it and stick it on?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I suck bad at most hand/eye coordinated things now. I'm sure I could measure it correctly and mark...but it's the actual placing, then it sticking. When I was a kid I had a piece of wire fly up and hit my eye while mowing. It was fine at 1st, but my parents brought me one of the best of the "new" laser surgery stuff...and they wrecked my eye basically. So my cornea is scarred and legally blind in that eye now. That was a long time ago and I was a kid so we never sued or anything. Technology is better and I read now that it can be repaired, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet...you know...career, family, retirement plans...but definitely plan to soon.

Yep...so that's why I really can't do it myself. I'd ask someone in my family, but if they messed it up too then every time I'd see it slightly off I'd think of them. LOL

·
Just keep it clean baby!
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
When I ordered mine, the dealer quoted me a little over 200 bucks to install. It took me 20 minutes.

·
Registered
123 Posts
When I ordered mine, the dealer quoted me a little over 200 bucks to install. It took me 20 minutes.
$200? certainly that was with parts? It seems ~$150ish after taxes would be fair as the parts seem to cost right at $100. For $100, I may just roll naked then. :)

·
Just keep it clean baby!
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Lol nope, he specifically quoted me the price for each side and then installation. But hey, dealers are different. It never hurts to ask.

·
Registered
123 Posts
wow, so that's why you did it yourself...damn. I guess maybe you're right. Some things seem way over priced. I mean I had our Armada in the other day and with our synthetic oil change...and to fix the driver side window (they found it to be the motor and regulator) it was going to be around $875. Ended up paying for the oil change and diagnostics for window and it was around $100.

I found the parts locally ($225) and had a retail chain put it on for $150. So it was much cheaper that route. I try to stay all dealer, but sometimes the prices are just too high. If comparable I like to stay with the dealer just to have 1 line of paper trails.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Well looks like you did a good job on the installation. What kind of protection can you expect from these moldings?

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Well looks like you did a good job on the installation. What kind of protection can you expect from these moldings?
Lower side body mouldings really don't offer any protection, it's mainly for cosmetic purposes... That's the reason I would put them on. They look good. I had them on my Audi.

The ones that offer some protection is the ones that go in the middle of door but those look so ugly.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
I suck bad at most hand/eye coordinated things now. I'm sure I could measure it correctly and mark...but it's the actual placing, then it sticking. When I was a kid I had a piece of wire fly up and hit my eye while mowing. It was fine at 1st, but my parents brought me one of the best of the "new" laser surgery stuff...and they wrecked my eye basically. So my cornea is scarred and legally blind in that eye now. That was a long time ago and I was a kid so we never sued or anything. Technology is better and I read now that it can be repaired, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet...you know...career, family, retirement plans...but definitely plan to soon.

Yep...so that's why I really can't do it myself. I'd ask someone in my family, but if they messed it up too then every time I'd see it slightly off I'd think of them. LOL
Sorry to hear that man, hope all is well.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
nice write up. i did these dealer add-ons when the '13 altimas came out, really hated how the template was for one side only with letterings etc, even when you got the other side in the box...

·
Just keep it clean baby!
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Lol yea I thought that was dumb too. Also, there's nowhere on the box that says driver or passenger. I originally began installing the front passenger on the driver side until I noticed it looked weird.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Lol yea I thought that was dumb too. Also, there's nowhere on the box that says driver or passenger. I originally began installing the front passenger on the driver side until I noticed it looked weird.
i had to hop onto the nissan asist accessory page and print out the small instruction manual to figure out which side was which... soo dumb

·
Registered
456 Posts
If these side moldings came stock on the car, I guarantee the first mod 90% of us would be doing would be removing them and questioning why they installed them if they aren't functional anyway. +1 to Nissan for only making these an accessory for people wanting to make their Altimas look more like a Pontiac G6.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
If these side moldings came stock on the car, I guarantee the first mod 90% of us would be doing would be removing them and questioning why they installed them if they aren't functional anyway. +1 to Nissan for only making these an accessory for people wanting to make their Altimas look more like a Pontiac G6.
Agreed, I dislike body side moldings, id take it off my lexus if I didnt have to fill in the doors

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

21 - 40 of 42 Posts