The Nissan Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Former Honda owner
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
clear side markers

installed clear markers on my car today. will convert the front corners next weekend.

·
Former Honda owner
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Back from Xmas in San Diego....

Installation was pretty smooth.

Drilling: I started by measuring exactly where I wanted them mounted and marked with a sharpie. Next out comes the drill (scariest part) and I slowly drilled a small pilot hole before drilling the 3/4 " hole. They both went very smooth, just be patient and apply light pressure. Now mount the marker (tape to fender) level, and drill two small pilot holes. It is now ready to screw on when wiring is complete. The bits I used were carbon tipped.

Wiring: With a straightened coat hanger, pushed from hole in fender to inside the engine compartment. Tied the new wire to end of coat hanger and pulled it back out the hole in fender. Then I taped into and wired with the front amber lights using small tap splices. Last screw down the clear markers and wala!!

Don't remember the name of the store, but the brand is American Products Company - Universal Side Marker $19.99.

For now they are just markers but would like to change so they also signal. I agree with you alimat these should be required on all cars. It both enhances safty and looks.

As far as rice mod.....? I dunno, I have to disagree. Now if I install a wing 2 feet off my deck lid and a 6" exhaust tips....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts