The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How can I measure how much power the car is pulling from the battery when it is not running?

When I set my multimeter to amps and put my multimeter between the battery and the cable, I get 0.00 reading.. (obviously because I disconnect the power cable from the battery so wtf) How am I supposed to measure it?

The car is Nissan Almera N15 1999 1.6 Automatic

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think(!) you're doing it right, if I picture your description correctly. I think(!!) you're supposed to put the probes from the multimeter in between the + pole and + cable on the battery.

--EDIT--
Found this article:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think(!) you're doing it right, if I picture your description correctly. I think(!!) you're supposed to put the probes from the multimeter in between the + pole and + cable on the battery.

--EDIT--
Found this article:
I will try to measure it from + side and see if that works... I see tutorial on YouTube where he advices to do it on minus side but I for some reason don't get any reading..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Same goes to + side, just 0.00 on my multimeter... But how is the car supposed to draw any power if the cable is disconnected.. There is no electricity flowing what so ever if you disconnect the cable am I correct? Or is the electricity flowing through the multimeter? If so, it is not working for me for some reason... If I leave the door open and interior lights on and connect the multimeter between the cable and battery, the interior light is not turning on.. What am I doing wrong

·
Registered
3 Posts
Or is the electricity flowing through the multimeter?
Yes, I think(!) this is how it's supposed to work. However, I must say, I've had some issues myself with this method, just a couple of years ago. Maybe someone with more experience in the field is willing to step in here, telling us what we did/do wrong?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah... Thanks for the reply dude, hope I will figure out what is causing battery drain someday... Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts