The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay..i'm quite dumb, i read the manual but i still can't program my homelink garage door opener to work with my garage door..any clues?
PS. My garage door is quite new, like 2 yrs old.

·
Registered
899 Posts
It probably has rolling code. I had problems with mine, too, even after trying the rolling code directions.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Setting up the homelink is quite easy. I have homelink on my 02 Toyota Sequioa Limited and 02 Alty SE and programming them are the same. Determine if you have a rolling code since the steps is a little more but not much. On rolling code garage doors, there is a program buttom on the garage door unit that must be pressed when setting up the homelink. Make sure the garage door remote works and battery is fresh.

Here's what to do on rolling code garage door units. Make sure the car is in close proximity to the garage door motor unit but not obstructed so you can push the program button on the garage door.

1) Clear the homelink memory by pressing the outside buttoms simultaneously for 20 seconds till it starts blinking.
2) Position the garage door remote about 4" away from the homelink visor and press any one of the homelink button and garage door remote button simultaneously. You will see the homelink led will blink.
3) Push the button on the garage door program button. Go inside your car and press the homelink button that was program with the remote. If garage door did not open or close press the homelink button again and your garage door should open or close.

On garage door without the rolling code perform steps 1 & 2.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thx alot, will try it out tonite.

·
Registered
41 Posts
i guess that it worked...because you obvsiously didnt repost anything....

·
I take PayPal donations
2,092 Posts
Awesome...you responded to this post on it's three year anniversary. :thumbsdow

·
Chritters 2010 SL
15 Posts
Homelink Garage door button

okay..i'm quite dumb, i read the manual but i still can't program my homelink garage door opener to work with my garage door..any clues?
PS. My garage door is quite new, like 2 yrs old.
I can't get mine to work either I follow the directions watched the U-Tube videos, Mines a Rolling code as well, It worked with my old 2000 Monte SS

·
Chritters 2010 SL
15 Posts
Garage door to work with HomeLink

I can't get mine to work either I follow the directions watched the U-Tube videos, Mines a Rolling code as well, It worked with my old 2000 Monte SS
I lied I followed Jerry J's 3 direction's and it worked this time, Thanks I appreciate the help, I watched a video on U-Tube and they didnt do it the way you explained..:grin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts