The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all let me say that this is the first time I ran into this forum and I cant believe the amount of info you guys provide here. I love it and cant get enough of it :) As a newbie to the whole moding theme I'm trying to replace me old rear speakers with nice 6X9s. Since I havent done that before in this car I cant seem to remove the back deck that covers the speakers. From the look of it it seems that the two side cushions that are on both sides of the back seat need to removed but dont see how. Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
288 Posts
If you have a first gen, you have to remove the entire backseat. It's easy though, just about 6 bolts I think. 2 bolts in front at the bottom of the seat bottom...then remove the seat bottom and there is 1 bolt on each side at the bottom of the seat back, and 2 bolts in the middle behind the fold-down armrest. Get all these bolts out, pull up and out and your seat is out...then you just have to slide out the 3rd brake light and disconnect it...then just pop the deck off (attached by pressure clips only at this point) and you're through.

have fun!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think 99 is second gen

I think 99 altima is second gen since the way you described yours doesnt sound right. I dont have folding arm rest and I have these 2 cushions on both sides of the seat near the door. Those are the ones that I cant seem to get out of there. I can just fold my seats down and they are out of the way just fine its just its just those damn cushions :angry2:

·
Registered
269 Posts
3rd gen is some what easy.........remove the bottom of the back seat.........fold down the back seat........take the two bolts out of the seat latches two bolts on each side......now pull this peice forward.......now remove the c post covers simply by pulling them out........take off the 3rd brake light and lift the rear deck.....there are some little plastic thingies that hold it down, you can either go through the trunk and pop them or just force them up

·
Registered
23 Posts
there is a screw under the bottom of those side cusions. you have to push down on the seat portion to see them. just pull those out and the cusions will slide up n out. i've had mine out so many times, i just leave out the screws now.

·
Registered
30 Posts
rear deck removal

alright so i finally got all of the seat out and everything in my '98 gxe and i took off the brake light thing and now i just have the deck to just take off but the side panels, over the windows and on the back windsheild, are holding them down, how do get the thing off??

·
RINSE OUT!!!!!! RELOAD
950 Posts
take those side panels off too. you have to take everything off int he back to take the rear deck out on a 2nd gen.

·
Registered
30 Posts
i have everything off its the actually sides of the car, not the seats holding them in, i dont know what the hell it is

1 - 8 of 8 Posts